My First Mistake.

Veronica: What?

Erin: I met a guy

Veronica: Who?

Erin: Its a secret.

Veronica: Are you kidding me?

Erin: Nope.

     Suddenly my phone rings and I press the green phone. "Hello?"

     "What the hell?" Veronica yelled, coming into focus on the screen. "What do you mean its a secret?"

     I frowned. "I don't even know if its going to go anywhere!"

     "Erin!" My mother yelled from the other room. "You're grounded, remember? Get off your phone!"

     "Fine, I'm off!"I yelled, then picked up my notebook and sharpie. Sorry,  I wrote Grounded. Stole mom's car and got drunk.

     I showed her the notebook and she nodded. I put the headphones in, and heard her voice. "Well where did you meet him?"

     At the bar. I wrote, showing her the notebook again.

     "Really?" She asked. "How old is he?" I just shrugged. "No, you know how old he is."

     Sorry have to go. I wrote.

     "No don't you-"

     I clicked the red button and sighed. I hadn't given Leon an answer yet, and I needed to talk it over with someone. I worked on my packet until my mother went to work. Then I pulled out my phone and looked up a number to a support line. I dialed the number and someone answered quickly, "Hello?" I said.

     "Hello ma'am, how may I assist you tonight?" A woman's voice asked.

     "I have a hard decision to make." I confided. "I am 18, and an old teacher and I are thinking about starting a relationship. " I took a deep breath. "He is six years older than me."

     "Well," The woman was not phased. "You are over the legal limit, so legally there is nothing wrong, and he is a former teacher, correct?"

     "Yes." I lied.

     "Then, all you have to think about is the age difference. Do you feel like it is too large?"

     "I'm... not sure. It isn't too bad, is it?"

     "That is for you to decide." She replied calmly. "I don't see a reason that the answer should be directly no, but-"

     I hung up. I didn't want to hear the rest. There really wasn't a reason to say no. I would tell him tomorrow then. I nodded, and smiled. I would tell him then.

***

     I was looking down at my textbook as my phone buzzed in my lap. It was Leon. I looked down into my lap and frowned. Why was he texting me now, was he being impatient? I looked down and opened the text.

Leon: Hey, how are you doing?

Erin: Fine, when can we talk?

     Mr. Jameson stood in front of the class. "Ms. Stanford? May I speak with you in the hallway please?" I nodded tiredly and stood, blushing furiously. I followed him out of the classroom quickly. He shut the door and turned to me. "What's wrong?"

     "Nothing, I just wanted to let you know that I didn't have any issues with you... and I... umm, I should have thought this through."

     He smiled softly. "Are you sure, because we-"

     "No, I'm sure, trust me." I smiled confidently. "It's nice to finally have someone in my corner."

     He smiled brightly, "Alright, but we need to be discreet." He placed a hand on my cheek and brushed my hair aside. "I'll go in first, you go in after a moment." I nodded and stood outside for a few moment, then went in.

***

     Reflection

I was stupid, so stupid. He was so charming, kind and...well perfect. So, so stupid. It's never perfect.

***

   Three days later we were at the Stray Dog again. I was all dressed up and he was dressed down. "Hey, Leon." I said, my words slurred by the drinks. "Hey, com'ere."

     He leaned in and I could smell his fireball on his breath, it was 3 am and we had been out since school let out, and we were both wasted. "Yes, Victoria?"

     "Kiss me."

     He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. "Are you ready?" I nodded and he pressed his lips against mine. It was intense and honestly, my first kiss. I leaned in and he bit my lower lip. I jumped back and he looked...dark. "Come here." He demanded, grabbing the back of my neck. He then kissed me furiously and stuck his tongue into my mouth. I was surprised and jumped back. He glared at me and I scooted away from him, somewhat shocked back into my senses.

     "I want to go home now." I said, standing, then having to grab the stool to stand. He smirked at me and I frowned. "I want-" burp. "To go-" burp "home." I then puked on the floor, and that is the last thing I remembered from that night.