Finding My Way

I was laying on my bed, feeling numb when my mother knocked on the door. I put the phone down and looked up as she walked into the pitch black room. She sighed, then pushed some stray black hair behind her ear while her other hand turned on the light. "Erin," She said softly. "Are you hungry?"

"No," I answered truthfully.

"You have to eat," She said quietly, sitting on the side of the bed. "We can go out, or order in, it doesn't matter. Whatever you want we can have."

"Nothing sounds good." I snapped, rolling over in bed. "Just leave me alone. "

I heard her inhale as if to speak again, but she thought better of it. She sighed, stood and decided to leave. I pulled my phone back out and continued texting Veronica.

I took my sleeping pills and laid down in the bed, hoping that they would kick in quickly. Locking my phone, I stared up at the ceiling until the drowsiness took over, throwing me into a fitful sleep.

"Erin." Leon's voice said. "Erin, what are you doing?"

"I- I don't know." I cried, looking around the empty space, seeing nothing. "I- I didn't mean for this to happen!"

"Do you really think I would do such a horrible thing to you?" He whispered angrily. "Do you really think I'd hurt you?" He suddenly appeared, grabbing my shoulders. "WHy would I ever hurt you?"

"I- I- I-" I sobbed, not able to get my sentence out. I shook my head.

"No?" He asked. I shook my head again. "Yes?" He demanded, and I cried out in response.

"You had to." I screamed, scratching at his face. "Your DNA matched! I was only with you." I kicked him and he went flying back, hit an invisible wall, and was pinned there. "Not only did you take my first time ever, but you robbed me of my self-image, sense of security and numerous other things!" I walked up to him, and punched him square in the nose.

"You really think I would do anything without your consent?" Leon cried, "Think back, think hard."

Suddenly the room went pitch black and I flashed back to that fateful night. Slowly, the room filled with a sickly yellow light and I saw myself stumble into the dark, musty hotel room. Seconds later, Leon trudged in as well. I watched myself turn around and hug him, bringing out lips together. Then we made our way over to the bed.

"Do you want this?" Leon asked, taking his shirt off.

"Ugh." I replied, sloppily kissing him ask I fell onto the bed, partially unconscious.

Leon smiled to himself, then just as the memory became blurry, Leon placed something on top of the television, then made his way over to me. "Are you ready?" 'He asked, but his voice sounded, far away. My body convolsed in response. "Good." The colors began bleeding into each other, and everything drained away.