Chapter 8, Deal With The Devil

Chapter 8

The following days were what I would call a series of soap operas and television romances.

Cody would come in every couple of hours either to feed me or claim that he missed me.  Since when did that wolf get off actually liking me around anyways?

Cody walked in, his usual chirpy self lately; skipping over to the side of the bed as he did something different to his usual self; propping himself up on the side of the bed.

Stretching out the length of the mattress, he sat up on his elbow, daring me to roll my eyes over his apparently good looking body.

‘Is there something you want Cody’?

Smirking his began to run his fingers over my arm, as it rested peacefully sitting on the mattress.

‘I want you Vera; I thought we’d been over this…..’

My inner wolf acting as her usual self, praised every gesture Cody was making with his smart alec attitude before an idea crossed my mind making her howl in disappointment.

Lifting my arm up off the bed, I reached for Cody’s chest, tracing the ripples I could feel through his shirt as he sat quietly, anticipating what he thought was going to happen.

A fire burning in my fingers, I forced myself not to pull away as I tried to pull myself to wards Cody; now feeling I was able to move.  Slowly sliding up to Cody’s height, I stretched out, trying to reach near his ear as he leant down helping me part of the way.

Whispering my sweet nothings; Cody’s body tensed as he let out a small moan, liking this little intimate moment I was about to ruin.

‘Is this what you want Alpha’?

Tracing my fingers back up his chest, I stopped abruptly; time almost halting as Cody’s eyes now watched me curiously.

‘Too bad I don’t want to play pretty boy’.

Pushing with all my force, Cody was taken off guard as his body slumped and fell onto the ground from the impact.  Lying there for a second, I could only guess what was going through that wolf’s mind as I chuckled quietly; if only pushing someone off a bed could be that exciting all the time.

Groaning and slowly sitting back up to rest his chin on the side of my bed; Cody’s eyes said it all that he wasn’t expecting it.

‘You play dirty Vera’.

‘If I didn’t play dirty, I wouldn’t be Vera now, would I’.

Smirking Cody growled at me, now yanking the sheets off the bed; ‘I think you’ve rested enough smart ass, how about I go make you some pancakes before bed’.

Shock covering my face, I looked down, expecting to be confronted with a bandaged and naked body as I gazed upon the dress I was lying in, confused as to how it got there.

‘You dressed me’!

Cody looked at me with a duh look, shaking his head as he sat back down; his hand going to trace my calf muscle before I pulled it away, feeling a small sensation of pain in my backside.

‘Come on, I thought we were friends now’?

Growling, I was past my friendly stage; all energy drained that could possibly lead to a friendship.  ‘You pervert!  I specifically told you to keep your eyes to yourself; I hope you weren’t peeking buddy’!

Holding his hands up in defence, Cody shook his head; feigning innocence but I knew the little smirk he was trying to hide said it all.

‘You have five seconds to get out of my room before I come after you’!