Chapter 12, Forced Meeting With The Parents

Chapter 11

 I must have slept a few hours as Cody woke me up, stroking the small of my back in a sensual way.

‘Afternoon Vera’

Rubbing my eyes, I was still lying on Cody’s chest; I must have fallen asleep at some point and now here we were, still in this awkward situation.  

‘How long was I asleep’?

Cody smiled, pointing at the clock on the bedside table; ‘you were asleep the whole morning, obviously sleeping half of yesterday wasn’t enough for you’.

Chuckling, I sat up on Cody’s lap; my hand immediately going to my neck, feeling the two small teeth marks there.

‘Charlie’s going to know………….’

Cody laughed, patting me on the back; ‘Charlie is the Beta, it doesn’t matter what he knows Vera; he’s here to help protect you’.

Growing a little annoyed, I stood up from the bed; stretching out my muscles as I felt Cody somehow get up so quietly I didn’t even hear him; his arms slithering around my wait.

‘How about we go for a run’?

Nodding my head, I liked that idea already.

‘Race you to the ‘monument’ as your Dad calls it’.

Cody chuckled, now realising where his Dad had taken him.

‘That’s because it is a monument’.

Right, well I guess these things didn’t earn their name by just being there.  I wondered what this monument was about; everyone seemed to know about it like it was famous.

Turning the knob and racing downstairs, I was immediately greeted by Charlie, who was himself about to go out for some unknown reason.

Halting halfway down the stairs, he smirked, gesturing for me to come closer as I backed up; now thinking to turn and run.

Shaking my head, my head rammed into the person who had made this all happen as Cody looked at me concerned before seeing Charlie and understanding.

Pushing me towards the stairs, I stumbled trying to stop myself going down as Cody seemed to feel proud about the whole thing not even slightly bothered that Charlie would know what had happened.

Stopping halfway down, I should have known I was close enough as Charlie took a big whiff of the air before chuckling and running out the front door, making my wolf instinctively want to chase him.

You’ve been claimed, Vera Thurmont’!

Growling at the thought now filling my head, I practically ran to the door, running through the entrance as I stopped at the edge of the veranda, my wolf searching for his scent.

Bolting into the trees, Cody was soon following, knowing this was as close as he was going to get to a leisurely afternoon stroll.

Throwing my clothes over the branch, I quickly shifted, my wolf stalking out and holding her nose high as she sniffed the air.

The feeling of a big, sloppy tongue licking the side of my face, made me growl a little, snapping me from my thoughts for an instant.

My wolf wanted to return the favour, but I wasn’t having any of it as I searched out Charlie’s scent, now picking up his trail heading to the west where I hadn’t been before.

Standing there, waiting for Cody to finish his little grooming exercise, it seemed like forever before he took off leading the way in the direction that Charlie had taken off.