Chapter 19, Vera vs Dingo

Chapter 18

Tackling one another like there was no tomorrow, Dingo wasn’t holding back like he did, taking every opportunity to go for the kill shot that he could.

Our wolves lamming against furniture, with blood spraying across the walls; I felt as fresh blood oozed from my mouth; internal wounds beginning to get the best of me as Dingo panted on the opposite side of the room, blood gushing from parts of his fur.

His eyes seemed to plead for me to give up but who did he think I was?  He had just attacked me and tried to take chunks from my fur; he wasn’t the brother I remembered and he certainly didn’t hold my respect anymore.

His head bowed low, he teeth snapped as he prepared to lunge; waiting for me to make the first move, mimicking his stance and stalking him like prey.

A booming voice sounded through my skull as I wobbled on my feet from the impact, Dingo taking the opportunity to lunge at me again.

VERA THRUMONT, YOU WILL ANSWER ME GIRL’!

Trying to block out the sound in my head, I jumped out of Dingo’s way; his teeth grazing against my back as I screamed back at Cody, wishing he would shut up.

STOP FREAKING DOING THAT!  I CAN”T TALK RIGHT NOW; I’LL CALL YOU BACK LATER IF I SURVIVE’!

Hearing howling screams in my head; Cody was becoming extremely difficult to block out as I focused on Dingo, pouncing into his side every chance I got.

‘WHERE ARE YOU’!

Taken off guard yet again, Dingo this time pinned me against the ground; his eyes meeting mine as this whole scene reminded me of the last time he’d stopped me eating the sheep before I was banished.

His feet placed so I couldn’t move, Dingo was frozen in place; just staring at me, something pulling at his heart strings, like he couldn’t decide.

‘Can’t talk right now, call me back later…………..’

He was about to open his mouth to grab my neck as I waited for the blow, but just as he went to; his whole body froze, his eyes locked onto mine, our orbs looking through each other’s eyes.

My mind traced back to the last time I had tried to kill some of Dad’s sheep; Dingo towering over me with his teeth clenched; ‘are you flipping crazy Vera!  Dad would hang you out to dry if he saw you eating those sheep’!

 ‘I’m not crazy, I’m just hungry, Dad said I could’.

‘You know for a fact Dad did NOT say you could’!

‘Whatever Dingo or should I say Sebby……I know you love the pet names……’

I assumed Dingo must have felt the same recognition from when we were last together, his mind most likely playing through the events as mine had.

Feeling his guard fall, I took the chance to throw Dingo off, his vicious wolf returning as I bounded towards the window; my legs carrying me like there was no tomorrow as I jumped, my head leant down as I hit the glass; pieces flying past me, seeing the ground below.

My wolf now bowing to gravity, I looked down, seeing the three story drop and knowing it was going to hurt.

Spinning uncontrollably as I fell down each story; my body landed as my spine hit the ground first; a loud snapping as my spine cracked, other bones surrounding it shattering to pieces from the impact.

It was dark all around me, I hadn’t even registered it was night, unable to look up, knowing the room I had jumped from had been lit brightly.

My whole body just lay there, still in my wolf; the pain too much for me to yelp, all I could do was whimper softly, never knowing anything past this pain.