Chapter 28, Dead White Wolf

Chapter 28

Finally the Alpha’s meeting was coming to a close as the two Alpha’s exited the office, Cody’s eyes drifting to me with a smile when he saw us sitting around peacefully.

Alpha Keith followed him out, their posture suggesting they were now somewhat friends even after I’d gone at Keith’s Beta.

‘Well it’s a shame this meeting wasn’t on better terms Alpha Cody, but my Beta and I will now be off and as planned we will meet in Imperial Territory before we engage the enemy’.

Cody seeming to agree to this; Rob followed his Alpha out as they left the house quicker than I expected, two wolves magically standing there, waiting to escort them to the border as they left.

Cody stopped by where I was sitting, his hand resting on my shoulder as he farewelled the Alpha and Rob, the two wolves taking off with their escorts before I could blink, that was weird…………

Feeling Cody slap me on the shoulder playfully, I looked up to see him with his thinking face.

‘So what did you want to do this afternoon Vera’?

Staring at Cody blankly, I didn’t even know what I wanted.  I had a craving to go for another run but I figured I was grounded so what was the point asking.

‘How about a run’?

Hell yeah!  As soon as Cody suggested it, I was on my feet and heading for the front door as Cody grabbed my arm, looking at me serious; ‘what, you don’t want lunch first’?

Stopping in my tracks, I now directed my speed towards the kitchen, sitting on a stool as Cody walked past.

‘Yes please’!

‘Pizza or sandwiches’?

What kind of question was that, of course I was going to choose the option that meant I would die of obesity before I even came close to retirement.

‘Pizza sounds good’!

Chuckling as Cody did, he grabbed the frozen pizza throwing it in the microwave, as the timer set and the pizza began to twirl around on its little plate.

Cody come over, his hands reached out, asking for me to take them as my fingers curled around his; his eyes looking deeply into mine.

‘I’m assuming you want to know why I spent so long talking to Alpha Keith and what we’re planning then’.

Nodding, I honestly don’t think I really cared but if he was willing to tell me, I wanted to know.

‘We’re going to war next week and the Imperial Pack is going to help us; we’re going to wipe out this pack of rogues that kidnapped you’.

 This didn’t add up, I know I’d been held captive my Alpha Keith but why did he want to help our pack out, he had nothing to lose choosing not to help us.

‘Alpha Keith is convinced since Seth was working with them, his pack is in danger also so to make this fight easier, he’s offered his services’.

Agreeing, the microwave went off as I looked over anticipated my meal as Cody pulled it out and now through the pizza in the oven…………..I forgot they needed cooking…..

‘You know, it’s generally the woman that cooks and last I checked you haven’t cooked anything since the time you made wolf size pancakes’.

Giggling, I usually didn’t giggle and soon as I realised I did it; I slammed my hand over my mouth, trying to hide what I’d done.