(B-2) The Machine Stopped Sequel

"We have news about Emery. When you left the room, we did one more test. Emery needs a blood transfusion. We can't explain why but Emery is still in a coma.

We have him on an oxygen tank so would you like to have the surgery now or later?" the doctor questioned. "Now. Just do anything to keep my cousin alive Please." Liam begged.

The doctor then left to prepare Emery's surgery. I saw Liam sitting there, crying his eyes out. Brooke was in Colorado doing a photo shoot and Liam was feeling really sad about it.

I walked up to him and hugged him. "Hey. I know this really hurts you. I mean I know he is your cousin and then he is your best friend. Are you hungry?

I can go to the food court or somewhere for you." I asked. "No. I am not hungry at all and never will be until he is okay." Liam replied.

I started tearing up. And then full on cried. "Look, I know this hurts okay. I know its really tough right now but I refuse to let you sit here and starve yourself.

Ricky and I are absolutely devastated but we are still eating. Liam I am begging you! Even if you don't eat at least drink something. Starbucks?" Liam nodded.

We walked to the elevator and then got in. "I'm sorry for everything. The love of your life is dying and-" "Its fine, Liam I am so sorry about Brooke. I wish she was here." I said.

"Don't be. Its almost like I have a little sister here with me. " I smiled. "I am really glad we are friends." I said. I tried to hug him but he pulled back and hid his arms. I know where this is going. "liam are you-"

Liam are you-" I gasped. I pulled the sleeves of his jacket and saw scars. "Liam why?" I cried. "I don't know why I did this okay. I'm just worried about emery. I guess the fears got the best of me." He explained and then busted into tears. I just hugged him.

"It will be fine. Can we get you a doctor to see if you need any stitches?" I asked. "No. Please. Lets make this our secret. You tell no one and I don't cut anymore." He begged. I nodded. We got to the food court and I went to Starbucks. I got a frappe of some sort and got the boys the same.

Getting on the elevator, Liam looked relaxed more. He is probably getting tired. "Guys! Emery just got outta surgery. Lets go!" Ricky yelled. Well there is your wake up call Liam.

We walked into the hospital room and saw Emery peacefully sleeping. "He isn't in the coma anymore. Now he is just sleeping from the gas we gave him before the blood transfusion." Nurse Kay said. "Thank you Nurse Kay. Listen, I am so thankful for everything you have done to help my boyfriend. I don't know what I would do without this guy." I said.

"Your very welcome sweetheart. I have a friend who went through what Mr. Kelly is going through. Who would have thought that after he got better and I thanked the nurse who saved him, we would get married.

I wish you and Emery the best sweetie." "Nurse Kay, how is your husband?" "Great! Very healthy and energetic. We have 7 grandchildren too." She said smiling. Nurse Kay left the room.

So there we sat. Waiting for Emery to wake up. "Ugg!" Ricky said. "This guy is the re-make of sleeping beauty! Without the beauty. Wake up bro!" "Give him time Twinzie!"

I walked over and kissed Emery's cheek, waiting patiently. Emery began to move a little. And then he woke up; smiling very widely at me and the guys. "Guys! I missed you! Especially you Ms. Garcia" Emery said.

"Emery! I thought I lost you! Oh my gosh! Boo how are you feeling? Are you hungry? Do you need more sleep? I can leave? Want some new shoes? I will go buy you something?" I babbled.

"I'm fine y/n." Emery laughed. "Good because I want to ask a question." "Okay ask" "Emery, has liam ever been so stressed, depressed, or angry that he cut?" "Almost once. Liam, what did you do while I was asleep?" Emery asked.

Liam looked at me; hurt, mad, shocked, sad. "I can't believe you told! I trusted you! I knew you wouldn't tell but man did you prove me wrong. Why would you do this? We were friends! Not even friends! Best friends!" Liam yelled.

"I ruin everything don't I? I ruined your chances with Camilla Cabello Ricky. I ruined your experience at the music awards Emery. And I ruined our friendship Liam. Ricky and Emery forgave me but I honestly understand if you never forgive me. Bye." I told them

I grabbed my phone, put on my beats, and ran. I ran home and went to the kitchen. Call me stupid but if I get emotional, I watch Disney movies. I started popping popcorn when I saw a knife on the counter.

I tried not to, but temptation pulled me closer to it. I picked it up and threw the knife against the wall. I fell to my knees and cried. I almost cut. Wow. I need help.

I grabbed my phone and called Emery. "Emery I almost made a mistake. I almost cut. I need you to come home. Please." I screamed and hung up. Five minutes later Emery stormed into my house and held me close in his arms. "Why would you do this?" Emery cried.

"I almost did it because- i don't know. I almost couldn't stop myself." "Almost couldn't stop? You can always stop y/n! You have to want to stop." emery said. "You don't understand. Do you know how bad I have it? And how good you have it?

Emery you cheated on me with so many girls and ya know what? I stayed with you. You said you liked those girls more than me and I still stayed. And this time, I'm-" "Boo you know I'm sorry. That's why you cut though?"

Emery said. "You didn't let me finish. This time, i'm done. Bye Emery." "Babe wait! I love you. Okay. I would give up anything and everything to be with you. No one compares to you. No one makes me smile like you do. Stay please."

"Emery give me time."

I got on the private jet and flew to New York. I got dressed and walked out side as I started to live new life in long island, NY.