WT2| 10

Wyn

Wyn

Isn't it crazy the way life works? How reality just sits in for a pure second and it's like you've been living a dream the whole time? I couldn't believe what was being said, I couldn't even believe who I was saying it to meanwhile I'm looking dumb as fuck in front of a nigga I barely know. I couldn't help but ask.

"Why are y'all even together?" I asked instead of what was really on my mind.

"Oh my god, does it matter, Wyn?" I could tell she was about to go off all over again. "You really got that bitch pregnant and wasn't even going to tell me."

"Because she had a miscarriage." I shouted over her. She was finally hearing me then. She got quiet and gave me a glare. Like she didn't believe me like she thought I was just a liar.

"Whatever, y'all handle what y'all want. I'll call a uber." She said reaching in the car for something.

"No." what I thought for a mere second was my voice was Roman speaking up again. I looked at him like he was crazy but he didn't notice because he was too busy looking at Taylor and she was too busy looking at him. "You don't gotta take an uber, I got you."

"What, nigga?" I blurted out.

He looked me up and down before turning back to her. "I'll drop you off and come back. It's no big thing." He said.

The shit made my blood boil. It wasn't long before I was getting overheated and before I knew what I was doing I charged at him, full power. He ducked out the way and threw a punch at me, I blocked it and started throwing punches back. Taylor was yelling at us, telling us to stop in the background but we didn't. We just kept throwing punch after punch. It seemed like a fair fight but honestly couldn't tell who was winning. My hits were connecting and so were his but by the way Taylor was screaming someone would think we were both dying. Moments had passed before I felt small fingers wrapping around my neck and arms, when I opened my eyes I saw Roman coming in for another punch. Taylor was pulling me back and I was trying to pry her off of me. Roman got about three good hits before I started fighting back. Somehow Taylor had jumped in the middle, stopping both of us.

She pushed Roman back and was saying something to him but I couldn't hear because all I heard was heavy breathing from me. She finally turned to me, she covered her face and shook her head.

"Go home, Wyn." She said before walking to the car.

I exhaled before sitting on the hood of my car and watching them sit in the car. This reminded me of a wiseman's words...

"You can win the war but you will never win the battle."

Or maybe it was the other way around. Regardless of what it was, it hurt to see Taylor drive away with him.

Taylor

Taylor

I don't know what it was giving me all types of mixed emotions in the situation; finding out some information I had not known, the fight, or the scars and bruises on both their faces. I looked over at Roman and cringed at the busted lip. I pulled a napkin out my purse and starting dabbing at some of the blood.

"Look at your face." I mumbled more to myself than him. He moved away and gave me a mean glare.

"What's up with that nigga? He don't know I can kill his bitch ass? That sweet shit so fucking dead. I promise you man, I promise." He started yelling.

"Calm down." I said, looking at him.

"Fuck that. I'm straight blowing that nigga's top off, son. That little shit he just pulled? That shit is a fucking dub." He got louder, I could tell he was a hothead and me telling him to calm down wasn't going to fix anything so I just got quiet and looked out the window.

I was just glad it was over.

     I opened my eyes to blurriness, once my eyes focused I could see a fence and another house next to wherever we were

     I opened my eyes to blurriness, once my eyes focused I could see a fence and another house next to wherever we were. I sat up and looked at the house we were at. The grass was nicely cut and there was a wired fence around it, nice flowers, and a perfectly painted porch. Two kids were playing in front with baby dolls. I didn't see Roman anywhere so I grabbed my purse and looked inside it for my phone. I had a missed call from Lyah.  I was debating on if I should wait to call her back or not.

I looked up and as if on cue, Roman poked his head out the door and looked at me with a smile. I threw my phone in my purse before getting out the car, my purse in the hook of my arm.

"You could've stayed in the car." He said, scrunching his eyebrows up.

"Why? You trying to hide me?" I joked with a smile, he laughed before moving to side and letting me in.

There were two big dudes on the couch and big girl in the kitchen right off the living room and a little boy around Rei's age that remembered named Dot. Everybody looked at me a little confused.

Roman had a piece of chicken in his hand as he stood beside me.

"This is Taylor." He introduced, looking at me then walking away. I waved nervously at everyone.

"Taylor, huh?" I heard from the big lady. She appeared to either be washing dishes or cooking, I couldn't tell because her back was to me but I could tell that she was shaking her head. "You got one more time to bring another little fast little girl here now, you hear me?"

The two burst into laughter at Roman's face, I evened laughed a bit it was so funny. "It's not even like that, auntie. That's Lyah's friend." He explained.

Now everybody was really grilling me.

"So what is she doing here?" One of the dudes asked.

Roman rolled threw his bone away. "Let me tell you why I brought her here."

What he said next surprised the shit out of me.