WT2| 12

Roman

Roman

   I sat in the front of Lyah's house flicking a lighter on and off. It was dark outside and being that my car was all black I was sure no one would see me. I honestly had no motive or bad intentions. I was just thinking.

Thinking about Taylor and what she said to me earlier.

"People make mistakes, it's in their blood. I'm sure everyone in this room has made mistakes but sometimes you just gotta forgive them and forgive yourself... even if they don't deserve it. What goes around comes around."

I've made mistakes, more than enough to go around. Maybe her betraying me and having me locked up was my karma. And maybe, Taylor was my karma for all those hearts I had broken in the past.

I tilted my head back and looked up at the ceiling of my car. My mind was on Taylor, something rare. I didn't have a crush on her, it just felt like something different. Something like a friendship.

Bzzzt. Bzzzt.

I felt my phone before I could find it. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered the ringing phone. It was Lani.

"Sup, hoe?" I answered laughing a little.

"Hey, bitch. Where you been? Haven't heard from you in almost 24 hours I believe." She replied, laughing.

"Oh what? You miss me? Haven't heard from big daddy now the girl blowing my phone up." I teased, laughing at her. "Nah, but I was just chilling."

"Just chilling, huh? With who? Who's the bitch this time?" She said, now having a laugh of her own. I got serious even though I knew she was joking.

"It was the Taylor chick." I told her. It was silent for a while like maybe she was trying to remember who that was. "The one I brought over and she was onthe couch?"

"Oh." She said dryly. "Okay. Had fun?"

Her tone was awkward. "It was straight. We were over at my Dotty moms house and shit." I told her, tapping my finger on the steering wheel.

"Oh word? You took her to see the family? That's cool, what they think?" She joked.

"It wasn't like that, nigga." I told her, rolling my eyes. "Anyway. Where you been at?"

I looked around at my surroundings before l back at Lyah's house. Suddenly the door opened and somebody with a hoodie pulled over their head and tight ass sweats with some sneakers came out, their hands stuffed in their hoodie pockets. Judging from the size and height, I was guessing it to be Taylor.

"Did you hear me?" I heard from my ear. She was coming straight towards the car.

"I'll call you back." I told her before hanging up. As soon as I hung up, she knocked on the window. Now she was close enough for me to know that it was Taylor. I started the car up and rolled the window down. "What?"