WT2| 28

EPILOGUE
Taylor

     I'm not. I can't do this. I can't just let this go down. Since I've known him, he has been saving me from all types of shit. My loyalty will probably be my downfall but if it is, then at least it won't be for no dumb shit. I looked at Glynn and Rei as they slept. This could be something I'll regret later down the line but I had to do this. I truly couldn't let this go down.

I'm tired of being weak. I'm tired of sitting around like a log while all this shit is going down and everyone I love is dying. I thought before pulling the zipper up on my boots. The good angel said it was the right thing, the bad angel said stop tripping and let that man go.

I tied my hair back in a ponytail and took a deep breath. I texted an uber and it was arriving within five minutes.

I just hope I'm not too late.

I jumped in the back of the uber and let him cruise off, looking at the house I was departing from. Was Roman really trying to start a life with me and Rei here? He made it sound so nice. But he's just as bad as Wyn and I can't afford to put Rei through that. If I made it out of this alive, I didn't want anything to do with him or Wyn anymore. Period.

"So, how's your day been?" The driver asked with a smile. I smile lightly.

"It's been okay." I said as I stuffed my hands in my black hoodie. All I had was my phone, nothing else. I didn't know exactly what I was going to do. I remembered how to shoot though and I'm sure it wouldn't be really hard to head a hold on a gun in a house full of drug dealers.

"That's good. I've had a pretty busy day myself so I understand." She said, shaking her head. "Kids."

I laughed, nodding my head. "Yeah, I hear you on that." I said ultimately thinking of Rei.

"You got any?" She asked. "I don't like to assume."

"Oh, no. I have a four year old, smart mouthed niece. She might as well be my daughter though." I told her with a laugh, now thinking of Terri. My did a jump thinking of her. I thought longer on it. If I didn't make it.. what would happen Rei? Could I depend on Glynn?

"Aww, that's adorable." The driver said. "Kids are my weakness I tell you."

"Mine too." I said, looking out the window. And good for nothing drug dealers.

The car came to a stop and looked outside to see my destination. I guess all Ubers aren't bad. I gave her a twenty and got out the car after saying thank you.

I looked at the big mansion and sighed, taking a deep breath before walking towards to it. I walked up the long driveway, getting anxious as I got closer to the door. I put my hand over the knob. I could hear all the yelling and confrontation coming from the inside. I sighed again before turning the knob. It didn't budge meaning it was locked.

Shit.

Suddenly the door was shoved open and went flying back onto the floor. When I looked up I saw Roman and Roman saw me. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. He glared at me like he hated me before shaking his head. He knew why I was here. He stepped over me and walked away. I don't know why my heart hurt as he walked into the night. I watched him disappear. Why didn't I stop him? Why didn't he stop me?

My eyes stung and it wasn't real tears. There was smoke. The house was on fire. And after that... I don't remember.

Glynn

I stared down at the baby laying beside me. I was confused as I read the letter sitting next to her. My heart ached and I was truly sad.

What did she expect of me? Why didn't she tell me? I should've stopped her.

I closed my eyes, doing what I almost never did. I prayed. Please let my baby sister make it out of this alive, please don't take her too. Please, please, please. I'm so sorry. I could feel the tears welling up. I don't remember the last time I genuinely cried but right now... right now I felt the result of that.

My little sister was going out to fight the battle for grown men that were willing to kill each other for her. I'll never understand. I thought she was happy. She just has to be some type of good hearted person to even had made it this far according to all the shit she's told me she has been through.

Glynn, if you're reading this I'm really gone and I went to help Wyn. I know you said I shouldn't but I can't help but feel responsible for all of this. I just want to go make it right. I know I sound like a white bitch as you would say but I don't want to be a dumb one and let someone else die because of the blood on my hands. So. If I don't make it back I love and Rei. Please take care of her. Please. If you don't think you can do it, at least take her to Torei or dad. Please, don't let her grow up to be like us. She don't deserve it.

I love you.
Sincerely, Taylor.

P. S. There's some money in my bag from Roman. When you wake up, get up and leave. I packed you and Rei's bags, just grab it and go. I'll find you if I make it.

The long letter was even harder to read than before. I did as she said and got up, putting my shoes and jacket on. I woke Rei up and told her to do the same thing. She asked for Taylor but I just ignored her and grabbed all the bags before leaving out, running with Rei in my arms into the night.

Lani

   I picked up the phone, my head dizzy from being awakened from the wack ass sleep I was having. When I looked at the caller ID, I saw that it was Roman.

"Lani. It's done." He said.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "Okay. Good. Did Kayo make it out alive?" I asked him.

He didn't respond.

"Rome?" I called.

"I don't know. I just... I just walked out. I didn't look back to be honest." He said, sounding dead.

"So basically what you're saying is that you killed my brother?" I asked. "I specifically told you... whatever. Whatever. Your head been all in the clouds fucking with that bitch. Whatever."

I hung up, my heart feeling heavy. I didn't know who to be more angry at. I really didn't.

Wyn

The smoke was growing stronger and stronger. I covered my mouth the moment I smelled it even a little. While Fabio was telling his little story, the smoke or gas was coming in faintly. Roman got up and I knew something was up.

Now, Fabio, his goons, Lyah, all the way down to Benji was face down in their plates. I hurried out almost tripping over something.

When I looked down, it was Taylor.

She came for me? I wondered before lifting her up and hurrying away from the building. I don't know what that nigga Roman did but he was dead when I caught him.

As soon as I was good ten feet away, the house exploded and whatever could've made it out... no longer could.

I watched it burn and saw someone running out towards me. I looked closer and I could see that it was Kayo. I was wondering where he was. He looked panicked and sick like he was about to throw up.

"Lets go, nigga!"

We got in his car where I dumped Taylor in the back. "We gotta get her to a hospital or something." I said.

He nodded and then we were on our way. I looked back her. Please don't die. Please don't let this be the end.