24

---

soom jaebum woke up, the bright hospital lights beaming down on him as he groaned. he lifted his weak arm up as he placed it on his forehead, looking around the room a bit as he saw he was alone, panicking and wondering where youngjae was.

jaebum moved the blanket off of him, attempting to stand up up falling instantly as he screamed. he cried out, holding his legs as he breathed heavily, gripping the bed frame as he tried to push himself up, but failing once again.

jaebums nurse soon rushed into the room as she panicked, helping jaebum up onto his bed as jaebum then gripped her are tightly. "w-wheres youngjae" he said as he gritted his teeth together in both pain and frustration, the nurse biting her lip as she set jaebum back down on his bed.

"jaebum please you need to calm down.."

"WHERES YOUNGJAE !?"

jaebum once again screamed out as his eyes were full of fear and anger. he was thinking the worst at the moment, was youngjae dead ? did he not survive the crash ? the thoughts made jaebum panic more as he breathed heavily, the nurse attempting to calm the other down as then jackson and the rested barged through the door.

"jaebum !" jackson said with relief as the nurse turned her head to the others, then back at jaebum as she rested her hand on jaebums shoulder.

"youngjae is currently still in surgery, he took a lot of injury to his head as he did get knocked out of the car.." the nurse spoke out in a soft voice as everyone in the room grew a bit more calmer.

"jaebum, your legs.. the impact you took injured your spine, it paralyzed you from the waist down.." the nurse said in disappointment, jaebum shaking his head as he looked at her and then back at his friends.

"i-i dont care, all i care about right now is youngjae" jaebum stuttered out, the nurse sighing sadly as she patted jaebums shoulder softly, then walking out of the room and leaving jaebum with his friends.

jackson and the rest quickly made their way over to jaebums hospital bed, everyone looking at their friend sadly.

"oh jae.." jackson said in a soft voice as he looked down at his injured friend, jaebum smiling sadly as his eyes teared up, looking at all of his friends as he then looked to the side of his bed, seeing a wheelchair in the corner as he looked back at everyone.

"y-youngjae, i-i want to see him." jaebum said in a shaky voice as kunpimook shook his head. "jaebum you need to wait.." 

"i-i cant wait ! i-i need to see him now!" he screamed out as he sat upright, causing everyone to wince as they attempted to calm jaebum down again as jaebum began to cry loudly. jaebum would scream out youngjaes name once in a while in his sobs, mark and jinyoung leaving the room as they waked around the hospital trying to find the food courts to buy some drinks and snacks that could calm jaebum down.

jackson, kunpimook, yugyeom, and hyuk were left in the rooms. jaebum was staring up at the ceiling as he ran his hand to his leg, biting his lip as he took a deep breath. 

his career was gone.

his life was changed.

mark and jinyoung soon walked back into the room as they brought some herbal tea and sandwiches from starbucks. the seven of them ate together, a few minutes later the nurse waking back into the room as she smiled seeing jaebum.

"youngjae is awake now, his surgery went well" she nodded, jaebum choking on his tea a bit as he sat straight, all eyes on the nurse now.

"h-how is he ?" jaebum asked nervously as she walked more into the room, her hands held together.

"youngjae took a lot of damage to the head as i said, hes most likely suffering from partial amnesia. he remembers who he is, and the accident that had happened, but were unsure of what he lost memory of" she nodded as the guys then looked at each other worryingly.

"if you all would like to visit youngjae, i can lead you all there"

no one hesitated, everyone agreed as the nurse nodded and complied. jackson was pushing jaebum in his wheelchair, the boys following behind the nurse as they finally arrived at youngjaes room. everyone went in one by one as jackson and jaebum were the last ones to go inside. 

youngjae still had his soft smile on his face, despite what had happened. he looked at all his friends as he smiled, then making eye contact with jaebum. youngjae called over kunpimook to him as the thai boy raised an eyebrow, leaning closer to youngjae as the raven then whispered in his best friends ear.

"who is that ?" 

kunpimook looked down at the other as he was wide eyed, not fully understanding what his best friend was saying.

"hyung, you and jaebum both got into the accident.. hes your boyfriend remember ?" kunpimook whispered, the others giving them concerned looks as youngjae shook his head and spoke back to kunpimook.

"boyfriend ?"

oh shit.

---