chapter 5

B R O O K L Y N

Conor set up his camera and microphone and lights. We're about to do a cover. It's a cover of Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth.

Everything's ready and me and Conor are positioned where we need to be. Jack's sorting the camera and checking everything for us.

"What if I forget the words? What will I do then?" Im fretting.
"You won't forget. Trust me. And if you do we can start again."
"Yeah but I still don't know this song that well. And your version that you've done is pretty hard too." Jack came over to me and hugged me.

"What was that for?"
"To stop you fretting so much. And because I love you." He gave me a kiss on my forehead and it still gives me butterflies every time!

We managed to start. Conor let me have the words eventually. I knew where I was through the whole song. Conor of course knew his words off by heart as he's a singer. He knows how to do that kind of stuff. It was really fun filming with them.

~

Afterwards, we got loads of snacks and basically had a rerun of last night. Except this time it was in the day. We also had Anna come and join us. Its fun spending 4 hours watching a couple movies with your friends. I enjoy it, a lot.

~

Jack randomly came up to me, as I was leaning on the island counter, and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my cheek softly and I felt him near enough wrap himself around me. He's warm and soft and I'm comfortable.

I'm trying to talk to Conor but Jack is very distracting.
"So I'm trying to get my sisters those for Christmas basically." I felt Jack's head drop onto my shoulder.

"Okay, I can help you find them. I'll leave you to it." Conor walked off and it was just me and Jack in the kitchen. He turned me to face him and looked like he was about to kiss me. I pulled away before he could.

Me and Jack haven't had our first kiss yet. I'm nervous for it. Yes I've kissed other guys but not properly. I know what Jack's like when he kisses girls. Open mouthed, tongue and all. I don't know if I'm ready for that. And seriously, a kitchen? We're not having our first kiss in the kitchen.

Because I pulled away, he pulled me closer and started to kiss at my neck and jawline. I wanted him to stop and tried to pull away but he was holding onto me quite tight.
"Jack I-" I felt him start to suck at my neck and bite it softly. It felt incredible yet I wanted it to stop.

He pulled away after what felt like 10 years and looked at me.
"Jack, what did you just do?" He smirked.
"May or may not have just given you a hickey..." That's great. It's a good job I brought makeup.
"Okay..." I don't know how to feel about this since I've never had one before. No boy has ever loved me enough to do that!

"Before you say anything, yes it can be covered by makeup. I know this could be strange to you but I love you."
"I love you too." He's so caring and considerate. I love Jack Maynard and I'm not afraid to say it!

(I have never in my life recieved a hickey...) that is now a lie... although never a proper one (re editing again)