The Devil's son Chapter Five

Here goes chapter five of my story!!!

ENJOY, COMMENT, AND IF YOU LIKE IT, VOTE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!! :)

CHAPTER 5

The movie was great. Bloody with a lot of action. Just what I needed... to relax.

I think NDL is having a bad influence on me.

Later at home, while eating supper with Jason, he asked me a question:

"Amelie... do you... do you... have a... I don't know... crush on, you know... Ethan?"

An awkward silence filled the room.

"Um... maybe." I said, not wanting to say yes. "Why, is it that evident?"

"No, it's just that I know you. And you seem to have urgent needs to go to the bathroom whenever he's near." he said and chuckled a little.

"Oh, well... yeah." I stuttered, blushing. "So, how's it going with Callie?" I said, trying to change the subject.

"Good, she's really nice."

At that point our conversation died. I was way too embarrassed to say something.

As we finished and I got out of the kitchen, I heard him mumble:

"Too bad he already has a girlfriend."

I quickly got up the stairs to my room, where I took my pajamas and got to my personal bathroom to take a shower.

I let the hot water splash on my face. I just realized how tired I was. Going out took a lot of my energy. I wasn't really used to go anywhere so every time I got out, I was stressed.

I felt safer in my house, where everything was familiar, than outside where everything seemed dangerous. Many accidents could happen to a blind girl. I was almost defenseless when I was outside.

I shuddered as I remembered a painful memory of getting lost. It happened long ago, but I could still feel the panic that have submerged me when I lost hold of Jason's hand and was alone, completely alone, in the dark... I stopped the water and got out of my shower, shaking off the unpleasant feeling that my memory had left in me.

Yeah, being blind really sucks, sometimes.

Okay, most of the time.

I smiled as I made a messy ponytail with my hair. Like always, I stood in front of my mirror a little and then I turned around to get out of the bathroom, but I bumped into something.

Or someone.

My heart sped up as fear overwhelmed me.

"Who is it?" I asked, raising my hands to where was probably the face of the person who was standing in front of me, blocking my way out.

But the person took my hands and lowered them back to either side of my body.

"It's me, little human." breathed NDL.

"Oh, it's you." I said, and then panicked, "How long have you been here?"

"Long enough." He said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"How long EXACTLY?" I asked through gritted teeth and blushed.

"Why have you been staring at the mirror if you can't see your reflection?"

"I'll answer you if you tell me how long you have been here."

"I haven't seen you naked." he said casually, and I thought I heard him mumble 'unfortunately' but I wasn't sure. "I materialized behind you when you were in front of the mirror. Now it's your turn to answer me."