The Devil's son Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

Pffff... No, it's not love, only... desire. Yes. Spending a whole day with him, hearing his alluring voice all the time, feeling the lust and envy that rolled from him in waves was probably too much for me. And the fact that I saw him, in his whole beauty, made it almost irresistible. But it wasn't love. Love is... more intense, I think (not that I have any experience in that kind of stuff). I like Lucifer but, come on, he's immortal. And I'm not. Plus, I bet that all the Demon-chicks are hot (aren't they supposed to seduce men?). And I'm just a... well, a little human.

"You look disturbed." said Jason. "Everything's fine?"

"Yeah. Everything's just fi-ine." I voiced. Then to change the subject: "What do you think 'bout the new guy?"

"He's... okay. Strange, but okay."

"What do you mean by strange?"

"Sometimes it seems as if he doesn't really know what he's doing there. Like if he was above things as lame as school."

I giggled. Well, an Angel of Darkness WAS above things as lame as school. I was actually surprised that he accepted to come to school at all.

"Maybe, a little bit." I conceded. "But he's nice. And fun."

"Sis' I think you perfectly recovered from your crush on Ethan." he smirked a little, and then added: "This new guy turns you on, that's for sure."

I blushed and covered the side of my face with my hair, trying to hide it from Jason.

"What makes you say that?"

"Oh c'mon! He's the first guy to who you say more than three words, besides me."

"It's not a proof. It's only because he's nicer than the average guys."

"Huh. He's nice only with you, though."

"That's probably because he pity me."

Jason said nothing. I could tell that he felt guilty about bringing up that particular subject.

The rest of our way home, he remained silent.

Once there, I took my MacBook Air from my backpack and began to type the history essay the teacher have assigned us. Napoleon's biography. I almost didn't need the Braille keyboard; I knew all the letter's positions. I opened my history book and slid my fingers on the Braille lines, memorizing the important information. I was writing about Napoleon's "exiting" love-life, when I felt Lucifer's presence. So when he put his hands on my shoulders, he was surprised by my reaction (or, more precisely, my lack of reaction).

"Not even a little bit startled, little human?"

"Nuh-uh."

"Well, I'm disappointed." He fell on my bed beside me.

"Aren't you souless?" I blurted out. Okay, that was so random.

"Why should I be?"

"Because, well, you're a demon."

"No, I'm not soulless. But most demons are. To be exact, every demon besides me is soulless. That's why you should never, and I insist on the NEVER, address any other demon than me. They won't be as gentle as I am. They'll kill you without mercy. For them, you're not more than a snack, little human."

"Why is that so? Why are you different from the rest of your kind?"

"It's my little secret."

"I just hate when people are hiding things from me."

"Then, I am sorry, little human, but I'll keep that for myself."

I sat there pouting. Then he said: