Redemption Chapter Six

A very short chapter, which was supposed to be longer, but I didn't want to make y'all wait! So I posted quickly, and here ya go! I hope you enjoy it!

Much LURVE To All MY INCREDIBLE FANS AND READERS!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

ZOMG!!!!! THIS PICTURE IS SOOOOOOO THE WAY I IMAGINED LUCIFER!!!! ISN'T HE GORGEOUS???

Chapter Six

The point of the sword tingled my stomach and Lucifer stood frozen, holding it, his eyes on mine.

"What do you think you're doing? Are you on a suicide mission?" he asked slowly, and something flickered in his eyes. It was rage. And loathing. Lots, lots of rage and loathing.

Oops. I guess I pissed off the side of him that doesn't like me very much.

"Umm, no. Actually, I'm trying to stop you from commiting a murder."

"Amelie stop! Go away!" said Ethan. I shot him a quick glance. He was staring at the sword, pale faced.

"You are risking your own life," said Lucifer, not acknowledging my reply or Ethan. "What if I decide to push harder?" As if to prove his point, he pressed the sword stronger against my stomach.

"Well, then do it," I challenged. Then, surprising him and Ethan, I grabbed the blade of the sword. A shock went through me when my hands closed around it. It was ice cold and somehow hot at the same time. The power of the sword hit me, full force, and I almost released it. It pressed painfully against my belly, but I ignored the ache and pulled it even harder. Lucifer looked shocked and yanked the sword away.

Ethan ran to me, took me by the shoulders and pulled me away. Then he sat me on the couch where he was sitting earlier. I looked down at my palms and let out a small gasp. Blood poured from the thin gashes where my hands had pressed against the sides of the blade.

"Let me look," said Ethan and took my hands. I didn't react. I was looking at Lucifer, whose aura had diminished to it's regular dimension and who had lost his wings and his black robe. He was dressed in normal clothes, and his gaze was directed toward the sword he held in his hands. It was covered in my blood. He sighed and released it. Instead of falling to the floor, it floated in the air for a moment, before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.

"I can't do anything," said Ethan, looking angry and helpless. "When they punished me, they also reduced the power I can use on earth."

"That's not a problem," I said, but it was. I wouldn't be able to do anything with my hands until they healed, because even though the gashed were thin, they were deep, and they hurt like hell.

"Let me," said Lucifer. Ethan glared at him, but I nodded. He stood up and Lucifer took his place beside me. I looked at him, and my stomach did a double flip when I met his eyes. They were colder than ever, and they watched me with a cool distance, almost with contempt.

He took my hand, and his fingers pressed against the wounds. I gasped and yanked my hands away. He looked up at me, and I saw another flicker of anger in his eyes.

"I'm trying to help," he said through gritted teeth.

I gulped and forced my hands back into his lap. Stupid, stupid me and my almost-hero complex!

He pressed his fingers hard against the gashes, and I bit my tongue so I wouldn't scream. I tasted blood in my mouth and almost gagged. Damn it, I didn't know I was biting so hard.

Then the gashes began to burn and I let out a yelp of pain. As if he was enjoying my pain, Lucifer gripped my hands even harder, eyes closed. When I looked down at our hands, I saw a delicate silvery light surrounding them. Then, suddenly, Lucifer released me and stood up, then turned to Ethan. I looked down at my hands and let out another gasp, but of suprise. There were no gashes, and my skin was smooth, unscarred, just like it had been before.