The Devil's son Chapter Twelve

Okay here it goes... chapter twelve!! I'm sooo happy! When I first wrote the prologue I thought it'll be just some hobby or something... But now I actually am thinking to finish it... can't believe it.

Thanks for all the previous feedback... and keep commenting and reading!

ENJOY!!!!!

CHAPTER TWELVE

My eyes tightly squeezed, I clenched my teeth together, waiting for an explosion of pain. But instead, I felt as if someone was knocking me out of the way, pushing me with such power that for a moment I thought it was the car who hit me. But I fell on the ground, and rolled with my savior. I heard the car driving away, still at an incredible speed. We lay there, not moving, not talking, almost not breathing. My eyes were wide open, staring unseeingly at the sky above us. I didn't have my sunglasses on anymore. I didn't notice I was trembling until someone took my hand.

"Are you alright?"

The voice sounded worried. But in the state of shock in which I was I couldn't even figure out who it was. All I could think of was the car. It hasn't even tried to slow down.

I was still lying on the ground, but the 'someone' who saved me wasn't on top of me anymore. He was now pulling my hand so I'll stand up, and I gladly did so, examining myself for any cuts or future-bruises. Then I felt the aura of peace that surrounded me, and couldn't think of anything else but Ethan. He saved me.

Again.

I fell in his arms, head resting on his shoulder. I was so glad he was there. I needed him now.

"Why didn't you stay at home?! You were safe there! And what the hell do you think you're doing outside all alone, when it's almost dark? Do you know how I panicked I was when I felt you were in danger? I ran through the whole city in not even a minute." he was saying, his stress slowly turning into anger. Then his voice broke. "I don't want to lose you... I'll never survive it..." he said softly, his arms finally wrapping around me, securely pressing me to him. "You want to stay at my place?" he asked.

Not sure I could speak yet, I only nodded. My chest felt heavy, and my breath caught in my lungs a couple of times, but I managed to calm down.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, my voice hoarse.

I stood there, still shaking. Then I shook my head slightly, noticing that the atmosphere around us has almost imperceptibly changed. There were more noises, like some distant highway, or something. Ethan was pulling me behind him, and my feet moved by themselves. I heard a door opening, and was engulfed by warm air and a pleasant flower perfume.

"Where are we?" I managed to ask.

"At my place. In the entrance hall."

"Oh." I said, not really considering it, just taking in the information.

We got to a elevator, and we stayed silent through the whole way up. As we stood there, both reluctant to say something, I blinked and finally some good sense sank into my numb-feeling brain. First thing my brain came up with: I'm hungry. Like starving-hungry. Second: I almost died. The second time in less than two weeks. That wasn't supposed to be normal. It wasn't supposed to happen. Now I was sure someone was trying to get rid of me. And trust me, it felt like poop.

===============================================================

It was so easy to command humans to do something. The only thing you have to do is to insert an idea in their mind and add some persuasion and the job's done! The driver didn't even slow down when she saw that there was a girl in her way. But she failed to kill her. Because of HIM.