Redemption Chapter Ten

I know I've left you waiting, but I hope you'll be able to forgive me and will still be as awesome as you all usually are! Please comment and if you appreciate it, vote! I'll be forever grateful! I love y'all, dear readers! Oh, and the guy on the pic is Adam, or how I picture him in my head anyways... he's dreamy, isn't he?? I LOVE him! 

~♥

Chapter Ten

When I woke up the next morning, Lucifer wasn't with me anymore, which wasn't a big surprise. I hadn't really believed that he would lay down with me all night, figuring that he would get up earlier than I would, anyway. 

I kicked away my covers to the feet of my bed and stared at the canopy overhead and the intricate designs that curled on the burgundy satin. It seemed that my life was going down a similarly twisted path. The future was unsure, and everything I did put the ones I loved and me at stake. But I knew well that what was happening did not only predilect my future, but that of the whole world. I turned and tossed around for a few more minutes before I finally decided to get up for real. Once up, I took a quick hot shower and brushed my teeth then combed my long chestnut hair. It fell in my back in ringlets, filled with coppery-red highlights. I stared into my own turquoise eyes, not for the first time marveling at their ability to see. It had always seemed so out of reach to me, so foreign... something I would've never gotten if Jason hadn't died. 

I closed my eyes for a few moments, feeling like it was happening all over again... Jason's death, Lucifer's departure. 

After Lucifer went away, leaving me behind, broken and empty, I felt sad, of course, but then, a black and red anger filled me and I had felt so much hate for him... How could he leave me now, when I needed him the most? How could he just abandon me, leave me behind, as if nothing has ever happened between us? As if he never loved me? But did he really ever feel anything for me in the first place? Those question had tormented me every day after he left. And the more I though about it, the less answers I found in my mind. And one day, i just decided to  stop thinking about it. To try to forget him, and all his wicked ways. I had drowned myself in finding and helping people possessed by demons, people who, like Callie, had no control over what they did, and could not only hurt themselves, but also the ones they loved. I've seen the way it can destroy one's life... Callie was still in the psychiatric hospital, probably never going to be released. 

I opened the big double doors, walking into the parlor. Allegra was gracefully seated on the   chaise-longue, draped in a tunic-like elegant white dress. Her long blond hair fell almost to the small of her back, and her arm was resting on the back of her seat. Adam and Ethan were discussing something animately near to the fireplace, and Adam looked irritated and apprehensive. Lucifer was seated on the window seat, staring out onto the grey street, his forehead pressed against the glass, his black hair falling into his blue mismatched eyes, a pensive expression cast over his features. 

When I entered the room, everyone's set of eyes rested on me. Well, everyone's but Lucifer's. 

Adam walked over to me and draped his arm around my shoulders. 

"Amelie..." he said eloquently, "we were just talking about you."

"Yeah, I guessed that, since you shut up the moment I walked into the room," I said sarcastically, only half joking. He grimaced and shot a questioning look at Lucifer. Without even looking once at me, he nodded and Adam turned back toward me. 

"So... last night, after you went to sleep... um... we discussed a certain matter that concerns you," he voiced, not looking me in the eyes. 

"What matter?" I asked. A heavy silence followed my interrogation, and a nervous tension seemed to fill the room. Allegra sighed, and turned her gaze to me.