8

LUCHIA's POV

"Bring them back in, officer." The judge demands, making the officer hurry to retrieve my parents and Jesse.

They all walk in while in single file.

"I hear by announce Mrs.Luchia Wellens under the authority of Jesse Michael Wellens." He sates, then closes the case.

We all look at eachother and I run to Jesse to hug him, he hugs me back.

***
Three weeks later

Jess and I have warmed up to each other, but I was being a teenager and didn't listen when he said to clean my room, so when he comes home from work, he's 'laying down the law'.

Also know as, making stupid ass rules that I have to follow. I'm not into all that though. I mean, I like to be good, and I usually am, I'm just not parent good.

Y'know, like, I don't listen to my parents, I don't do what they say the first time, I often go against what they say- and I don't think he knows this.

He's already told me to stop cussing, but it's a really bad habit of mine. A really bad one.

The front door opens, and I turn my phone off in a hurry and shut my door.

I look down at my feet. Clothes. Everywhere.

I scamper to pick everything up before he comes down the hall.

"Luchia??" He calls through the house.

"Hold on! I'm changing!" I shout to buy time.

I hear him come closer, and I look under my door in panic with a handful of clothes.

His feet stop at my door.

"Hold on dad!" I say quickly, throwing everything in my laundry. I stand up and straighten my shirt.

I then open the door revealing Dad.

"Hey," he smiles, then looks me up and down. "You didn't change from when I left."

"I.." I clear my throat, but cover it best I could with a laugh. "I changed back."

His eyebrows form downwards and his eyes squint at me.

"Seriously!" I laugh.

"Okay, well, I brought Chipotle home when you want to eat."

"Now?" I ask.

"Yea, I'm just gonna put my shoes up." He says, walking past my door to his room at the end of the hall.

I head to the kitchen and sit at the table. I open the brown bag and whip out my bowl of Chipotle.

I open it, find a fork, and start eating right as soon as Dad comes in without shoes on, and he sits down across from me.

"What'd you do today?" He asks, starting on his salad.

"Um.. Not much." I start. I don't even want to bring up my room being picked up because then that opens the door for having to talk about rules.

"Well, I went to a whole bunch of meetings today, which was terrible- and boring- but I was good because I think the video is coming along."

Dad and his company are working on some new stuff, and he's been really excited about it lately.

"Good." I say, cautiously.

Silence. So fucking awkward.

"Lu," he brakes the silence. "I love you, and I care about you, that's why I made rules that will be followed, or consequences will be the effect."