Chapter 1: Circus

The day went by too fast. Abby took all her things on her desk and stuffed it inside her bag. Throughout the day, she heard a lot about Bruce Wayne. The ghost boy—they said. She heard the rumors that he was back in school trying to move on with his parents' death or better known as a cold murder for a pearl necklace. Abby didn't really know that much of Bruce, but she knew that they were friends at one point. She remembered that they used to attend parties together along with their parents. She remember that he was a sweet kid that she had respected.

When she was done with cleaning her desk, she waved her teacher goodbye, a gesture she had practiced all her life. She looked outside as she was going out of the classroom and then saw Bruce speeding down the hallways. Looking at him that way, he actually looked like a ghost. Abby trailed to him, walking faster to catch up with his quick pace.

"Bruce?" She called and he stopped on his tracks. He did not bother to turn his head to her. "It's me, Abby. Are you okay?" She ask walking closer to him but he held his hand in front of her to stop her from getting any closer. This actions confused Abby. This was definitely not the old Bruce Wayne. But what can you expect from a boy who saw his parents get murdered in front of him.

"I'm fine, just stay away from me, please." He practically demanded then walked away and disappeared into another hallway.

Abby shrugged it off, still the thought of what happened to Bruce tucked in the back of her mind. She walked to her locker that was gladly not far away from where she was standing. She got there thinking about the look on Bruce's face. He was sad and lonely like everything was piling on his shoulder and it's bringing him down. She opened her locker without any though of anything else but Bruce. A piece of folded paper that fell to the ground woke her up.

Abby immediately bend down to pick it up carefully not to let anyone step on it. She unfolded the letter to see Tommy's unpleasant handwriting.

Come meet me at the circus at 7.
-Tommy

Abby smiled to herself as she pocketed the paper. She return some useless textbooks from her bag back to her locker. The hallways were crowding, making her slightly hard to breathe. Pulling her bag to her shoulders, Abby thought about what her and Tommy were going to do when they reach the circus. She walk to the exit and found her driver waiting for her. Just in time, she was glad with that.

"I'm happy you're not late, Damian." Abby said with a grin and got inside the car. It was still early so she knew that her parents weren't at home at the moment. In her mind, she pictured about the clothes she was going to were to the circus and the thought of it amused her.

Abby's stomach felt the need to eat food so she went to her kitchen only to find a note on the counter. It was neatly folded and right away, she knew that was her mother's. Reading the letter made her feel slightly happy. Her parents would be home late because of a charity party they were joinging which means that her and Tommy had a lot of time to spend at the circus. She sighs deeply putting down the folded paper and went to looked for the maid in the lounge room. When she found her, she asked for her to call her mother.

"Here she is, Miss Young." The maid says as Abby politely grab the phone from her hand.

"Mom?"

"Yes darling, what is it?" She answers. Abby hears the chatters and music in the background making it hard for her to focus only on her mother's voice.

"Tommy asked me to come with him to Haly's Circus. I badly want to come, do you allow me to?" Abby asked nervously, scared that her mother will say no. She didn't know which was better to do when her mother says no, throw another tantrum or don't talk to them for weeks.