Chapter 13: You fixed me up

Everything was chaos. But that was what they wanted.

Abby sat down next to Jerome on the balcony of Theo's building. She looked at him and he looks so peaceful. He was quite and still looking down on the view of Gotham.

"Jerome." She called. He looked at her in confusion. That was the first time in a month he heard her say his real name.

"Hello Abby." He replies as a smile grows on Abby's lips. It was nearing evening and Abby was still not home. She didn't intend to. It's so boring there.

"Tell me everything Jerome. I want to know you." He looked at her and handed a glass that was filled with grape wine, she grabbed it from him and took a sip.

"What do you want to know?" He asks looking back at Gotham and it's noisy streets.

"Your past." Jerome sighed.

"Okay." He replied lighting a smoke from his pockets. "But can I take you somewhere?" He looked at her and exhaled the smoke in his lungs.

"Where will you take me?" She asks still a smile formed her lips.

"Just somewhere." He replied as he handed Abby the smoke. She kindly declined it as he threw it on the ash tray.

They stood up together as he grabbed Abby's wrist. He pulled her in for a hug as she wrapped her arms around his waist. His warmth was very comforting as he dug her face in the crook of his neck.

"I care for you Abby. Please take care of yourself okay?" Abby looked up at him and nodded her head.

"I know Jerome." She said letting go and getting inside the room and changing into some clothes.

She put on jeans and a black shirt from Barbara's wardrobe and put on a pair of boots from Tabitha's. Jerome just went on with a cap on his face still bringing a revolver hidden on his sweatpants' pocket.

They got down from the building secretly holding each others hand. They got in a motorcycle as Jerome and Abby drove off in the night.

They finally came into a stop. Abby took off her helmet as well as Jerome and settled it on top of the seat of the motorcycle. They were back an abandoned house just blocks away from Haly's circus. Jerome held Abby's hand tightly as they get inside the abandoned house from the window. It wasn't destroyed at all. It still had things in there but are covered in dust.

"Just come with me at the back." He said while shuffling through one of the cabinets. He got two cans of beer from the cabinet and handed it to Abby. "Come." He said as they walk out of the house from the back door.

"This is a house of one of my mother's you know, bed warmer." He said while pulling a seat from the side of the plastic-covered pool. "He died but still, I like this place." He continued and let Abby sit on the chair next to his.

"Oh." She said and opened the can of beer. "Did he know you?"

"Yes, he did. He let me visit here a couple of times, even ate diner with him. He's a kind man." He replied taking a sip of his beer.

"What caused his death?" She asked while drinking her beer. Jerome ran a hand through his hair.

"Car accident." He paused. "Mom didn't even went to his funeral." He replied.

"When was this?" Abby ask while resting her hand on his thighs.

"Just before I met you." He replied with a genuine smile. Abby felt butterflies fly in her stomach. "My life is very bad and miserable doll. My mom and this guy who she used to bang beat me up when I was nine." He said emotionless.

"All my life my parents are always away. Almost every night. I think by now you know." Abby said chuckling.

"I kinda know that." He said chuckling with Abby. "I want to know you better Abby. You wanna play a game where I ask you a question then after you answer it's your turn to ask me?"

"Okay, I'll go first." Abby said sitting up straight and sipping her on her beer. "What's your favorite color and why?"

"Red, maybe because I love blood." He replied as Abby massage his thighs. "Now my turn," Jerome was about to ask Abby a question when his phone vibrated. They found out they were out.

Jerome picked it up and answers it. "Hello?"

"Jerome, Abby better go home now. She's all over the news." Theo says from the phone as Abbg look at Jerome in confusion not hearing what Jerome and Theo were talking about.

"Okay." He replies.

"By the way where are you two? On a murder spree again.

"No, we're just somewhere." He replied as he hanged up and pocketed his phone. "We should go now doll, they're looking for us and you're on the news." Abby's eyes widened.

"Oh my god. My mom's going to kill me." She says while dropping the beer on the ground.

"It's okay, they're looking for you." Abby sighed in relief as Jerome stood up. Abby stands up too. Jerome looked at her deep in the eyes.

"You fixed me up doll." He says and pecks her lips. His hands were on her waist and her hands were on his neck.

"Say you'll never leave me." She whispers as they rested their foreheads on each other.

"I'll never leave you." Jerome says as Abby felt his warm breath on her parted lips.

This was what they dreamed, a normal life. But normals always scared them. They only needed each other and no one could stop the king and queen of Gotham.