Chapter 4: Fiery Mockingbird

Abby kissed Jerome one last time as she bit his lower lip and he groaned in pleasure. "Your lips are so beautiful." Abby touch his lips with her thumb and rubs it.

"Yours are like rose petals doll, it's so soft." He whispers in her ear as Abby pushed him lightly.

"You seriously have to go now Jerome, what if they decided to go home now?" Abby said while sitting down on the edge of her bed. Jerome follows her and stands in front of her face slightly bending down to her face.

"Yeah, I should get going too. Mom would be done whoring by now." Abby looked down, she felt bad for Jerome. "Hey," Jerome lifted her face up and looked at her. "It's fine, she's just like that."

"I'm sorry J." Abby replies and stood up. She hugged him again and there was this feeling of being safe around his arms. She felt secured ever than before. She loved it. "Visit me everyday after school." Abby says while staying at the crook of Jerome's neck.

"Everyday." He reassures as they both pulled away. Abby follows Jerome down stairs as she showed him the door.

"Bye J." She waves her hand to the sky as he blows a kiss to her and she pretends to catch it. They both smiled to each other one last time and Jerome disappeared in the distance.

Abby closed the door behind her and locked it. She made sure no one was getting inside. She walked to the kitchen and thanked the heavens that her mom didn't walk in on the mess that was in there.

She sighed deeply and picked up the glass, washed it clean and settled it inside the cabinet. She could not put back the bottle of bourbon back to the liquor rack so she decided to hide it under her bed.

Abby thought and thought about Jerome. About how she felt whenever he was around her. It was odd but at the same time it gave her a good feeling. A feeling of relief.

What were they really? And she could not believe that she almost lost her virginity to a man she knew for just a day. Abby looked at herself in the mirror again, visualising what would happen to the two of them even though she knew she'd end up with Tommy.

She felt bad for Tommy. Was it cheating? No, not really. They're still not official right?

But damn, she really loved Jerome's attention and presence.

Abby shook herself from zoning out and jumped to her bed. It is already midnight but tomorrow is Sunday and she doesn't need to wake up early. 

Morning

Abby wakes up her head throbbing. She groaned and slightly rub her forehead while her eyes closed. Sunday, her favorite day, where there is no one around the house but her.

She sit up and continue to rub her head. She opened her eyes and stretched her arms. The house was completely quite and she could already tell that her mom and dad had left the house for a weekly gathering with their friends at the golf club.

She smiled to herself on what happened last night. On how Jerome planted his kisses on her lips and her neck. On how his touch caused electricity run down her bones.

Abby grabbed her phone just on the bedside table. She received a text from Tommy saying he wanted to invite her to eat lunch.

Of course Abby could not decline it knowing she is already betrothed to him. She replied a yes and left her phone on her bed. She head to her bathroom and looked at her messy morning hair.

Knowing that it was already past 10:30, Abby jumped in the shower and freshened herself. She gets out of the bathroom and dressed herself in a black overalls and a white stripped long sleeve shirt.

She really loved that shirt because her brother bought that for her from France, The city of Love.

Abby took all she needed and called her driver to pick her up and send her to the restaurant Tommy said. It was surprising that Tommy had all this efforts to already win her heart. Maybe it was all just fake because of all this arranged marriage thing.

Abby gets out of the car and pushed the glass doors of her favorite classy restaurant "Fiery Mockingbird." Abby was gestured to where they were seated and it was way in the back, very secluded from others. There she saw Tommy.

Tommy immediately walked towards her as he held her hand.

"It's nice to see you today Abby." He says guiding her to her seat.

"It's also nice to see you Tommy." Abby replied as Tommy help her sit on the chair.

"Did you had a good day yesterday?" He ask sitting down on his chair. Abby smiled and memories of last night flashed.

His electric touch.
His kisses that felt like lilies touching her skin.
His eyes. His green, green eyes.
His lips that tasted bourbon that never left hers.

"Abby?" Abby slowly turn back to reality.

"It was good actually, I had a good time reading a book." She lied resting her chin on her palms. "How about you Tommy?" That was then Abby noticed a little bruise the left of Tommy's cheeks.

"God Tommy! What happened?!" Abby exclaimed while he puts a hand over the bruise.

"It's nothing. " He replied bluntly.

"You got into a fight didn't you?" Abby said and pushed herself back to her seat.

Tommy looked down on his feet. "With Bruce." Abby gasp. Bruce would never do it.

"But why? And when did that happen?" 

Abby then noticed a movement outside the window that was facing her behind Tommy's back. 

"Last friday. I was gonna tell you but you didn't noticed it when we were at the circus. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Tommy. No need to be sorry at all." Abby replied and put her hand on top of his.

Abby then saw Jerome outside the window signaling for her to meet him outside. Tommy didn't noticed so it was great. She excused herself and walk eagerly outside.

Jerome stand in front of the entrance as she pushed him to the alley beside restaurant.

"How'd you find me?" She ask, her hand resting on his chest.

"I noticed your car, I was supposed to get something for my mom." Abby smiled widely as Jerome look down on her.

"Are you just gonna stare at me or are you gonna kiss me?" She ask as Jerome smashed his lips to hers roughly.

"I need to hurry, Tommy might find us." Abby replied as they both cut off the kiss to catch their breaths.

"Don't worry about him doll. We'll have all the time we want." Jerome run his fingers through Abby's soft black locks.

"Right J." Abby tiptoe to reach Jerome as she bit his lower lip. "Come tonight." She says, pushing him against the wall and walk to back to the restaurant leaving Jerome touching his lips.