:Chapter 1

-Chloe's POV-
Today was the day I would return to University after my time off following my friends death. I was extremely apprehensive, and feared that being back in that place would send me crazy, again. The doctors said I was ready to go back, what do they know? I was terrified, more nervous than I had been joining uni in the first place. So many questions cascaded in my brain. What if everyone knew? They all knew that I was the one that had to spend time in the hospital. I didn't want sympathy, that was far from what I wanted. I just wanted to feel normal again, something that I haven't had the luxury of having in quite a while.

Luckily for me, I had now almost finished my courses, creative writing and a fashion design course. Designing clothes has always been something that I was incredibly passionate about. Even when I was very young. My parents would come home from work to find their clothes cut up and stitched onto backpacks and other miscellaneous pieces of clothing that I'd found around the house. Creative writing had also been quite the passion of mine. I used to run a blog, where I posted some of my writing, as well as a sort of diary, which was nice. I don't quite remember what made me stop writing it.

After almost drowning in my own thoughts, I got myself out of bed and started to change into some black skinny jeans, and a khaki cut out shoulder shirt. I paired my outfit with my vans, and messily lay my hair over my shoulders. I didn't exactly have time to put on any makeup, because I had spent so long in bed, so I grabbed the keys to my dorm and locked up behind me.

As I arrived on the campus where my fashion class was, I got a few stares from people who presumably knew bits of the story as to why I had a month away from campus. I brushed it off, despite it making my slightly uncomfortable. The only downside to my fashion course was that I hadn't really got any friends in the class. Many of them were incredibly self centred and stuck up, not really in the mood for friendly chats. I was looking forward to my English class because I knew that my friend Holly was just around the corner for History, so I had someone to stand with before class started.

Thankfully I was allowed straight into my fashion class before the bell even rang. Miss Green had presumably seen my looking so lonely stood outside the room, and welcomed me in, to avoid the inevitable uncomfortable feeling I was experiencing. I was glad of her for doing this. My teacher and I exchanged minimal conversation, about how far I had gotten with the course whilst I was studying from home, before the bell rang and the classroom began to fill with the rest of he students.

The class dragged as usual, and again there were a few stares, which I tried my best to ignore although the it was very difficult. Once the bell signalling the end of the class rang we all left, and I began to head over to the opposite side of the campus where my English lesson would take place.

Yet again I was allowed in class before everyone else, and I spoke to my writing teacher. He wasn't as friendly as Miss Green, but he understood my current situation, and how nervous I was to be back here. The wait for the other students to arrive wasn't as long this time as I stopped to get a coffee on my way to the class.

When everyone entered there were a couple of people I didn't really recognise, they must if paid to transfer over the summer holidays. I don't know want exactly the best university. Suddenly I was moved from my thoughts as I got a tap on the shoulder. I turned to see a very tall figure of a male. He had dirty blonde dread locked hair, he had a strange dress sense too, almost identical to mine. "I think you're sitting in my seat" he proclaimed, I couldn't quite tell if there was a sense of anger in his tone. I stuttered "I - I - I'm sorry, it's just I've been away from the uni for a while with family issues, I didn't know you were now sitting here, I'm sorry, I'll move" He laughed slightly and smiled at me, which made me slightly uneasy, as I presumed that he knew what I had been through. "You're Chloe right?" He asked, to which I nodded, "I'm George" he continued, taking the empty seat beside me. I'm glad he didn't make a huge fuss that I was sat in his seat, coming back to uni was embarrassing enough already. "Have people been talking about me then?" I questioned. "I'm afraid so" George said, looking at me with sympathy, "I've only heard bits and pieces, I don't tent to listen to gossip anyway, pile of shit if you ask me, and people who do it are terrible!", he looked at me again, sympathetically, he could see my eyes start to well up slightly. "Look, Chloe, I don't know what really happened, no one but you does really, and that's okay, I'm not asking you to tell me, but if you need a shoulder then I'm here. And if anyone says anything to you, just let me know. This kind gesture, no matter how genuine it was made me incredibly at ease.

George and I continued to talk throughout a lot of the writing class, getting to know each other a lot more. He was the first person, other than Holly, that I had met at uni that actually seemed like they cared. The writing teacher, at the end of the class, gave us an assignment to complete a piece of writing, to which we would both take it in turns to write a paragraph, so each of us could take the story in a different direction than to what we would chose to if we wrote the story alone. It seemed quite fun actually.

The class ended and I was about to walk down the corridor to find Holly. Before I could step out of the door George grabbed my shoulder. "Forgot your pen!" he exclaimed, I laughed and thanked him. George and I had exchanged numbers and emails in the class so we could start on the assignment tonight.

On the way back to the dorms I told Holly about George and my crazy first day back at university. She seemed as shocked as I was that I had made a friend, considering my state, and how socially awkward I was anyway.

As soon as I got back to my room, which I now lived in alone, thanks to my roommates all leaving during summer, I got out my laptop and saw that George had shared a document with me, and our teacher. It had no writing in it yet, just our names.

I was so exhausted from my first day back, and I was so thankful that I didn't have any classes tomorrow. I made some toast, which was very dry due to the lack of butter in the fridge, and as soon as my head hit my pillow I was fast asleep.