:Chapter 10

Since moving back to London, things have been great. Not just with me, but with Matty and I too. I mean we've been on a couple of 'outings' (i hate the term date), but we hadn't made anything official. Regardless I was very happy that I had Matty, as well as an amazing group of friends, The 1975. Each of them made me feel incredibly relaxed and at ease all the time. After I got to know them all a little better, I decided to tell them about my friend, to cause any confusion later on down the line. They were all really nice, and considerate about the whole situation.

Today was the day I would pick up my last but one exam results for my fashion course. Of course I wasn't expecting spectacular, especially considering my state of mind throughout this last 6 months. I had already spoke to my parents about it, and they assured me that no matter what my result, they would stilll be proud of me, which made me feel a whole lot easier about the whole situation. However I still felt like I needed to do well, for myself, and for my friend.

None of the boys were free to join me in collecting my results, which I understood, they all had lives, which I didn't want to revolve around me. I was incredibly nervous, when my cab pulled into the school yard. That was something I loved about living in the boys flat, the fact I had to get a car to uni, I loved car rides. There was somethng different about this journey though, I was apprehensive, which I guess made the whole thing a little less enjoyable, and infact made me incredibly impatient, and on edge then enitre ride to campus.

When I arrived, there was Miss Green, and a few other teachers that I didn't really recognise, I guessed they were just in thr hall to dish out the results. I stood on my own waiting for my results to be given to me, as I wasn't really up for socialising with the group of bimbos in my class. As I scrolled through twitter I noticed that I had a notification from Matty, who had a few hours ago mentioned me in a tweet, it read:

'Wishing lots of luck to the wonderful @ thisischlo997 who is recieving her fashion exam results today, I know you'll smash it xx'

Quickly I liked and retweeted the tweet. It was so lovely of him to do this. Almost seconds later I received a text, also from Matty, it was a video. I watched with minimal sound, aware of the people around me. Each of the boys wished me luck whilst they were in the studio, it was lovely, and the video was something that I would treasure forever. I then received at video message form George. His picture that flashed on my screen when it sent made me giggle, it was such a mugshot, it made me laugh incredibly hard. I then watched the message that George sent me too. The video showed Matty recording something in the studio. I couldn't hear what he was singing, that of course must of been muted so I couldn't hear. What I could hear though was the music, which Matty was presumably singing along to. The melody was beautiful, unlike anything I had heard before. The caption of the video read: 'Matty wont tell you this himself, but this is a song for you. It's not quite ready, but you'll love it, you really will'. I smiled. Did Matty really write a song about me? What could it possibly of been about? My vodka smelling breath? My ugly emotional self?

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted, and thankfully so, by my teacher. "Here you go Chloe" she said, "I'm really proud of what you've achieved this year", she smiled at me, she was always smiling. I promised the boys that they could be there the first time I opened my results, so Adam had booked for us to go for drinks at a bar down the road from the apartment. I looked at the time 4:50, we were supposed to meet at 5:30, so if I headed straight from uni I would make it there just on time.

The air was cold, and I clung to my cardigan, results envelope pressed tightly against my stomach. I was beginning to get nervous again. Luckily that feeling was overpowered by the excitement of seeing all the boys again, it had been a few weeks since I had seen Adam and Ross, I was really looking forward to a good old catch up.

"Hey!" I almost shouted in excitement, as I saw Ross propped up against the bar. He smiled, before engulfing me in a bear hug, Ross was KNOWN for his hugs. "Drink?" He asked, I nodded, "Rum and coke, please" I smiled, he pointed towards where the rest of the boys were sitting. When I got there, Adam and George were sat at the table, Matty wasn't. I said hi to Adam and George, before asking where Matty had gone. Before they could reply, I felt two arms, either side of my shoulders. "Here's Matty" he replied, placing a kiss on my forehead. "This is for you" He said as he handed me an envelope, smaller than the one holding my exam results. "There's one condition though, you can't open it until we get home" I was confused as to what was in the envelope, but I agreed to what he said anyway. "So" George said, as Ross came over with our drinks. The rest of the boys looked at me, indicating that they wanted to know my results. I was so nervous.

Slowly I began to take them out of the envelope, the boys eyes not leaving me. I began to read. I then started to sob. It was from happiness, but I decided it would be quite fun to fool them into thinking that I had failed the exam. "Hey it's okay" Matty said, pulling me in to cuddle him slightly. "I mean, if we ever get to play our own gigs, you can totally design the merch for us" Ross added, jokingly, the others looked annoyed at him, but I got his humour. "Was it really that bad?" Adam asked, with an apologetic look on his face. I couldn't do this any longer, I felt so terrible. "I got a distinction" I smiled, and laughed a little at the same time. The boys sat for a while looking at me, I couldn't tell if they were mad or not. "You little bitch" George joked, before he leant across the table to tickle me, the others follower pursuit.

//

I was now sitting cross legged, on the floor in the apartment kitchen. The boys were in their rooms. I decided now would be a perfect time for me to open the envelope Matty gave me earlier. I wasn't sure why but I was even more nervous about opening this than I was when I opened my results earlier. My mum was in shock when I told her how well I had actually done.

Tearing the seal slightly I noticed a piece of paper, a letter maybe? A long with it was a disk, a CD? The CD had written on it: 'For Chloe x', there was also a date written on the CD, 1st June 2016. I then turned to the piece of paper, which also had written on it my name. I opened it.

'Dear Chloe,

The time I've actually known you juxtaposes with how much I know about you, and how much you know about me. It's like I've known you all my life. That night that you told me about your friend, and your mum came over. I talked to her. I told her that it was incredibly strange how I had feelings as strong as I did, for someone I had known for such a short period of time. Your mum then continued to tell me that she felt the same about when she first met your dad. That talk with her made this feel okay, made this feel normal I suppose.

Ever since the day I met you, I've been so utterly infatuated with you, in a way that I couldn't talk about. So I didn't. I put those words into my music. And the CD that you have right now contains some of that music, a track called Medicine in particular.

You are the very first person to actually hear studio recorded versions of our songs, and I really hope you like them.

Matty xx'

Just as I had finished listening to the CD of the boys music, tears down my face, Matty walked into the room, obviously waiting until I had heard the music.

"You really are my medicine" I said, as he sat down beside me, arm over my shoulder.

"You opiate this hazy head of mine" He continued, quoting his song.