:Chapter 4

Matty's POV:
From the moment George opened the door I knew that it was Chloe. I just knew it. She carried her own aura of mystery, that I believe wouldn't of been noticeable from anywhere. I heard her giggling and joking with the other guys, I just couldn't persuade myself to go out there. how awkward would it be, to see the guy again that you'd accidentally threw coffee over the day before. What would be more awkward was the fact we exchanged numbers yesterday too. I hadn't tried to text or call, so I didn't even know if the number was real, what if she had no interest? what if she had stood me up? I'd had so much trouble with girls in the past, what if this was just going to be the same as them all? As I pulled myself together in the bathroom, which may I add I had been in for a good 45 minutes now, I came to the conclusion that I would do what I usually did best  with most females, ignore them.

Chloe's POV

Despite his kind and somewhat flirty nature at the coffee shop yesterday, Matty had been incredibly rude and ignorant to me ever since I arrived. When George introduced us, the pretended like we hadn't ever met before, which I thought was quite strange. I mean, I'd accidentally threw coffee on him, it wasn't like we'd had a one night stand. The boys hadn't played anything yet, I thought that I would just hear them play, then go home. Obviously not. Ross had ordered pizza, and Chinese. Weird. I joined the boys for food, and sat looking through my social media, whilst they began to tune their instruments. Matty alternated between a hum, and a slight sing, as he was warming up. I found this extremely captivating. He was wearing glasses, which were rounded, and rimless, similar to mine. Weather he actually needed his was another story.

After a while of 'warming up' aka, smoking a bit, and passing round a bottle of whisky, they began to play. George took his place at the drum kit, situated in the dining area, and the others just kind of stood around him. You could tell by their awkwardness that they weren't used to having much of an audience, it was kind of cute though.

After a little while the music began. They played a total of 6 tracks for me, that they had been working on. They were called: The City, Milk, Heart Out, Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You, Head.Cars.Bending, and Chocolate.

Each of the songs were really nice, and each had a new, and different sound. I really enjoyed their music. If I'm honest if you heard them on the radio, you wouldn't believe that they were a group of 20 year old men. Their music sounded like that of experience of different life situations, the lyrics were pure genius and really spoke to my heart.

After the band played me some of their music, we sat on the sofa watching a movie. I wasn't too sure what I was, I was kind of engrossed playing a game on my phone. George had told me to download it and I regretted it as I was becoming more and more addicted as time went on.

Before I knew it, Ross, Adam and George had fallen asleep. I checked the time, it was 2:30 am! I jumped off the sofa.

"Shit" I exclaimed. Matty, who was the only other awake, moved his eyes away from the TV and looked at me, confused.

"My dorms closed at 11pm, shit. Oh my god" I panicked, wondering where on earn I could sleep tonight.

"Chill, it's okay, you can sleep here. You can have my bed, and I'll sleep with George or something" Matty announced, I was so confused, he was being nice again.

"It's okay. I don't mind sleeping on the sofa" I replied

"I insist" Matty interrupted.

I headed off into the room that Matty led me to. It was pretty basic. Bed, wardrobe, bedside tables, that sort of thing, but I liked it. Matty had given me a hoodie that I could sleep in, it was very warm. My thoughts started to trail and I began to wonder why Matty was so rude earlier, I needed to know why.

There he was, sat quietly on the balcony. It was small, but the view was just insane. You could see most of central London from up here, it truly was magnificent.

"Matty?" I asked, stepping out into the balcony too, admiring the view. He looked at me, gesturing me to carry on.

"Have I done something to upset you? I mean you were really lovely when I bumped into you at Starbucks, and when we met here, you wouldn't even give me the time of day. If i have done something to upset you, Im very sorry " I rambled, he cut me off mid sentence, by standing and leaning over the balcony too.

"Look, I'm sorry. I thought that you maybe just agreed to coffee because you felt sorry for me. I thought that I sounded kind of like a beg, and truth be told Chlo, I'm not really all that good when it comes to girls, I don't want to go into details, but I've been used and hurt before, so many times, and I can't do that anymore, it hurts too much"

I felt terrible. I immediately pulled Matty into a hug, as he began to sob into my chest. I could hold him like that forever. I never knew how much lovers could hurt you, I mean, I don't think I've ever been in love before.

We stood on the balcony for a little while, as I comforted Matty, before we both headed back into his apartment.

"Thank you for tonight" Matty said, "I'm not usually this much of an emotional wreck" he giggled and I just held his arm, comforting him. "Goodnight" he said, smiling at me.

"Sleep well Matty" I replied. Before I knew it Matty had grabbed my arm, and kissed me. I kissed back, with passion. He was a really good kisser. I returned to Matty's bedroom as he went to George's. I had the biggest smile on my face.