:Chapter 9

Chloe's POV

What was he doing here? How did he find me? How was I going to explain all this. The alcohol, my appearance, how I acted, how much I had changed?

"Chlo?" He repeated, worry in his voice. I looked up at him, and gave a weak smile. "Hi Matty", i replied. I didn't know how to act. Was i supposed to be as vulnerable as I was feeling? Or just put on a brave face? He pulled me into a hug, the kind of embrace that makes you want tp stay there forever, never let go. He rested his chin on the top of my head. "I've been so worried about you" he started. I felt awful that I made Matty and the others worry, that wasn't my intention at all. "Please don't do this to me again" he continued.

When we finally pulled away from the hug, he immediatley noticed that I was crying, despite my best efforts to mask it. He looked concerned. "I guess I'd have to tell someone eventually" I said. Matty now looked confused. I darent continue with my story whilst we were stood in the middle of a bust street, so I took Matty to my makeshift apartment, which I automatically regreted, as soon as I walked in to see the state it was in. Thankfully I think Matty put that aside, as I could tell how curious he was to hear what I already started to tell him. He sat on the bed, I sat on the chair opposite.

"I had a friend." I started, half laughing at myself, as I sounded as if I was about to make a Martin Luther King inspired speech. "We had been friends ever since we were born, we did everything together. Obviously we argued, as all friends do, but when we finished other education, we drifted more, and more, I was in London, and she went away to study in America." I continued, my breaths becoming sharper.

"As I said, when we first started university, we spoke a little, but those conversations became non existant after time, but she always remained one of my closest childhood friends. Then one day my mum called. I will always remember that phone call.." I began to tear up, Matty had now pulled me over to sit beside him. He wiped away my tears, giving me the slightest confidence to carry on.

"'Chloe, I need to tell you something, and I need you to promise that you wont freak out about this' i remember my mum saying, then she told me. She told me that my friend was dead. Suicide. No one knew exactly why, but she had left me a letter. Mum told me my friends parents were going to send it to me. I recieved it after her funeral, which would be almost 6 months ago now, and I still haven't opened it. I still haven't opened the letter. I'm scared, and I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye." I sobbed, I was now cuddled into Matty's chest, an ugly crying mess.

Ever since I told Matty about my friend, he hadn't left my side, and I wasn't complaining. I felt more at ease than I have been in the last 6 months. Things started to feel a little less painful. I could breathe. A wave of tiredness, from the emotions of today engulfed me, as I lay on the sofa, my head in Matty's lap, whilst he stroked my hair, "You're my medicine" I almsot whispered, as I fell into a sleep.

//

The next thing I knew I was still lying on the sofa, but I could feel that Matty wasn't there. I could hear voices, but I couldn't quite bring myself to open my eyes. The voices were familiar.

"I understand" I heard the female voice say, "I'm worried about her too, she just need time, wounds heal" I knew this voice. It was my mum. I heard Matty reply "I'll never leave her side, I want her to be safe, and happy, always" This made me smile. "Here" I heard my mum say, as I could hear her slide something along the kitchen worktop to Matty. "This is my number, incase you ever need anything." I smiled again, at the thought of Matty, (my somewhat crush), talking to my mum. "She will be safe with me" I heard Matty say again, "She deserves to be happy, and I'm going to do my best to make her happy", did he mean what I think he meant by this?

I finally managed to open my eyes, and partake in the conversation that I had been listening into for quite a while now. "Hi mum" I kind of smiled, as I rose from the sofa. "I see you've met my friend Matty". She smiled at me, "I have dear, he seems lovely, it's very nice of him to come down and see you isn't it?" I smiled again back at her, and nodded my head. "If you're not ready, please say, but I was talking to your mum, and how would you like to come back to London? You could stay with me and George if you like? We have the space" Matty announced, My mum didn't seem all too surprised by this question, which told me that she already knew, and this was clarified when I saw the look of utter delight on her face. "I'd love too" I replied.