:Chapter 14

Chloe's POV

I'd been here, in Paris, with be boys for a good 3 days now, and in those 3 days I think I had spoken to Matty a total of 5 times. Each of which tended to end in one of us storming out of whatever room we were in. I hated it, I wanted to go home, but George convinced me to stay. I suppose the only silver lining being that since I had been here, all the boys had said that Matty had spent considerably less time in the studio, and from time to time he actualky left the hotel too. I guess that was enough to make me stay. Even if he hated my guts, knowing that people thought I was helping him was enough to make me stay, because I cared, I cared so much. In a way I guess I felt like I owed something to Matty, because of how much he had helped me, in such a small space of time. I didn't know what was happening to him, but I knew that it was enough to change what I knew of his character, completely.

It was currently 11pm, and Adam, Ross, George, Matty and I were in Adam's hotel room. He and Ross had their own rooms because Adam snored in his sleep, which annoyed everyone, whereas Matty and George shared a room, that was until I got here. When I arrived, George started sharing a room with Ross, and I was sleeping on the couch in Matty's room. It didn't really feel right for us to share a bed, since all we were doing is argue, so I took it upon myself to inhabit the sofa. It wasn't very big, or comfortable, infact it gave me the worst backache you ever could imagine, but I wouldn't mention anything to any of the boys, I didn't want to make them feel bad.

We had all gotten incredibly drunk, and the boys had all smoked quite a bit of weed, despite the hotel rules. Ross had put some weird, lame doccumentry on the TV, to be honest it was sending us all to sleep.

"I'm gonna head off to bed guys" I announced, to the group, making them all look in my direction.

"Goodnight" They all said in unison, all apart from Matty.

"Matty, could I borrow your key please?" I asked, Matty turned to me, he smiled slightly, somrhting that I hadn't seen in a very long time. He handed me the key, and I thanked him.

"I'll leave the door on the latch, so you can still get in." I told him before turning and making my way out of the room.

//

The room was dark, and messy. Clothes, both mine and Matty's were all over the floor. Not in a sexual way, the opposite infact. I made a mental note to start cleaning this place in the morning, considering we left Paris soon. I undressed, leaving just my t-shirt, and underwear on. Not caring about washing my makeup off, as I was unbelievebaly tired, I stumbled over to the bed. I debated resting on the bed for a while, before ignoring the thoughts telling me not to, I needed to relieve the uncomfortableness of sleeping on that awful sofa. Before I knew it I was drifiting to sleep.

//

5am. I thought it would be quiet, but it wasn't. The room was spinning. It was loud. Then it hit me. I was lying in bed, with Matty, my arm was strung across his waist and he was shouting. But he was asleep. "No" he somewhat cried in his sleep, "Don't do this to me". I was so scared. I debated waking George, but it was 5am, he would still be high, I needed to do something.

"Matty" I whispered, "Matty". He woke. He looked at me, confused as to why I was now in his bed. "Bad dream?" I asked.

"Hm, something like that." He replied.

"Tell me about it" I said, walking over to the kitchen area of the room, grabbing a glass of water for both Matty and I.

"It was nothing" He replied, his tone blunt.

"Talk to me Matty, please" I begged, I just needed to fix him. I had never wanted something so badly in my life.

"It was a nightmare" He started, I placed my hand over his arm, trying to comfort him. He continued "It was about you." About me? What?

"What happened?"

"It's the same nightmare. It had been ever since I came to see you in Bath. I'm worried Chloe. I'm scared that I'll get attatched and that I'll loose you, I can't loose you" He answered, sobbing quietly into my lap.

"You won't loose me Matty" I said.

"But-" I cut him off,

"But nothing. What happened to my friend, seeing how her death made people suffer, changed me. I could never leave people behind, like that, no matter how bad things got". He looked at me, both sadness and happiness in his eyes. Something that I wasn't aware was possible until this very moment. I kissed him, and he kissed back, this kiss was special, different from the others we had exchanged, it'ss like we had both been long for this moment for the last three weeks.

The rest of the early morning I spent cuddling Matty, doing my best to convince him that I was here to stay. I was, but he needed assuring. I understood how he felt, there were times where I was completely ready to give up, but what happened to my friend really did change the way I viewed things.

Eventually, around six thirty, Matty managed to drift off again, his breathing was noticeably heavy, as I watched the way his chest moved up and down as he slept next to me. I could of watched him all day. Not in a creepy manner, more if a way that I'm totally intrigued by everything that Matty is and everything that he does he's like a piece of art. A masterpiece.