:Chapter 8

Matty's POV

"That's it" I said to George, after leaving yet another voicemail for Chloe. He didn't respond, he just looked at me with a questioning look upon his face. "I'm going to find her, I'm going to Bath, I don't care how long it takes, I need to know she's safe." I continued, before George could protest or even respond, I grabbed my coat, and left the apartment. I didn't know where on earth I was going to find Chloe, I mean Bath wasn't the biggest city, but she could be staying anywhere.

I caught the train into Bath, there wasn't much point in paying for a taxi, seen as the only luggage I had was a jumper, my phone, and its charger. The last few weeks had been absolute agony. I thought things were going okay between me and Chloe, obviously I thought wrong. George said that she was acting strange a few days before she left. He also said that every time he saw her in class, her breath reeked of vodka. I had tried to see her, on numerous occasions. She never let me see her. I was so worried about her.

Throughout the journey I tried contacting her several times, none succeeded. I counted, and I had now sent her 47 texts, and that was just in the last 24 hours. I had also consumed a total of 5 coffees, on the way to Bath. God help me if I was going to find her, I'd need all the caffeine I could get my hands on. I didn't exactly plan on sleeping until I found Chloe, so I didn't plan on booking  hotel on the train, its not like I hadn't spent nights on the streets before.

When I arrived in Bath, I immediately started looking for her, rucksack, and water bottle in hand. I had no idea where to start. Eventually I found myself outside one of the campuses of Bath University, scowling all accommodation around the area. People must of thought I were going crazy, knocking on their doors, asking if they had seen her. She wasn't lost. I hoped not anyway, I just wanted to know she was safe. The second campus of the uni, was just as much help as the first (none whatsoever). There was a final campus which was a good 15 minute car ride from where I was now, so I hopped in the first cab I saw, and started on my way.

This campus was almost completely deserted, other than the few students walking from the gates, and some teachers getting in their cars ready to head home. I was so disappointed in myself and my efforts, that I hadn't found Chloe. I decided that my best option was to head down to the streets of Bath, where I assumed a lot of the university students would be going to bars and clubs. I looked so stupid, ferrying from place to place, watching all the people around me, in the hope that maybe I may see her. There was no hope. I had no luck finding her the entire night. Around 4 am, I decided to head to the local park which I had spotted walking from the train station. It was here I would bed tonight. I knew I wouldn't sleep, I couldn't rest without knowing Chloe was okay.

I spoke to George on the phone after being woken from my half an hour sleep. "Any luck mate?" he asked, by the tone of his voice, I could tell that he was worried too. I just sighed, and I assume that he understood what that sigh meant. "Look, Matty, I'm sure she's safe, she's a sensible girl.-" He started, I cut him off mid sentence. "I know man, I'm just worried, you said yourself how worried you were about her whilst she was at uni, and she hasn't even spoken to us in at lease 2 weeks." George didn't reply, but his silence was almost kind of comforting to me. "I have to go George. I'm going to see if I can get booked into the Premier Inn across the road, I'll be here as long as it takes." I replied, already stood from the park bench, George said okay, he knew whatever he said, it wouldn't change my mind. "Just keep yourself safe" He answered, before we said goodbye and I ended the call.

I got out my phone on the walk to the hotel, firstly to check if Chloe had replied to my messages. She hadn't. So I decided to text her again. I was firstly quite reluctant to tell her I was in the city, I didn't want her to feel like she had to hide from me. That was if she was even still here.

- To Chlo:)

                      Hey, it's me again. I hope you're safe. I'm in Bath, please tell me where you are, or even just tell me that you're okay. I'm worried about you, we all are.

         - Matty x

Just as I sent the text my shoulder collided with another. 'Shit, I'm so sorry' the voice spoke, and when it did I knew exactly who it was. Chloe. I wanted to pull her into a hug instantly. Instead I froze. Her appearance was so different. If it wasn't for her voice I wouldn't of recognised her. Her hair was up, which I had never seen her do before. Her clothes were ill fitting, and she was incredibly pale. I stood there for a while, before I finally spoke. "Chloe?"..