Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Song- Haunted by Taylor Swift

Gage's POV

Three months.

That's how long she's been gone.

Three whole months.

I've barely slept these months. The enemy has been pressing more on our borders and I have heard that some went south. Mallory went south. As I thought about her a tear slipped down my face and I quickly wiped it away when Ally, the new blonde not the old brunette, walked in and ran her fingers down my arms. I pushed her away and used my Alpha tone.

"Ally get out of here."

She had no choice but to obey and she walked out of the room. I decided that I could be alone if I went to my office. On my desk, I have the most recent picture of Mallory in a frame. This is also the picture that I sent to other Alpha's in the Eastern side of the country. So far no one has recognized her. There was a knock on my door and when I smelt that it was Jack I told him to come in. He walked in with the phone that we always keep here. That was the phone number we gave to all the Alpha's about Mallory.

"It's for you, Alpha."

"Well Jack if it wasn't for me why would you be in my office?" I said as I reached for the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello Alpha Gage."

"To whom am I speaking with?"

"Oh I'm sorry Alpha. It's Alpha Hunter of the Blue Moon Pack in Florida. We saw your message about a Mallory. One of my pack members saw her one day. She had let her room in an apartment and said that she could take Mallory to see me, but the next morning she was gone. Her scent wasn't in the room, it stopped right outside the room. It's not much help but it's as much as we have about her."

"That's fine and it helps a lot. I only knew that she went south but I wasn't allowed into the pack below us territory. We've tried mind links and everything but there is nothing for us to find."

"That is terrible. Did she find her mate yet?"
"Yes but her mate is an absolute b*astard and he rejected her."

"The poor girl. Well if we see her I will call here again to let you know."
"Thank you very much."

He hung up and I hung my head.  I set the phone down and I heard the door open. It was Jack.

"I am a terrible mate Jack."
"You got that right."

"Well no need to be all nice about it." I said with sarcasm dripping from my mouth.

"I know I shouldn't be so sorry but that is he kind of person I am." He said with a hand over his heart.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the picture of her. Why did I have to do that to her. She was everything I had wanted in a mate.

Smart.

Beautiful.

Strong.

Just what I wanted except, I rejected her.

Jack's POV (First for him)

I watched Gage as he sat there staring at the picture of her on his desk. I know why he rejected her but if she was by his side, wouldn't he be able to protect her more than he would be able to if she was somewhere in Florida? I shook my head and handed him the phone. It had been one of the Alpha's from Florida. He had a wolf that had seen Mallory. Gage's eyes held an emotion I had never seen in them before.