ˑ17ˑ

"Ashton, sweet sweet Ashy..." Hands were placed on the younger males shoulders. Ashton turned around and his eyes landed on Joker, "My darling (Y/N) has been drawn away by you? Hm? That's no good, is it?"

Ashton gulped and stared into Jokers dull eyes, "She doesn't need you. She deserves to be able to walk around Gotham and enjoy herself."

"Is that so?" Joker smiled and spoke at a quick pace, "I think that your time is coming, Ashy."

"I think that you should let her go," Ashton pushed Joker away and glared at him, "She deserves freedom just as much as you deserve to go to Arkham."

"I don't think I pay you to say these things, do I?" Joker laughed loudly, "I think you should fix your attitude otherwise I'll stop paying for your mothers hospital fee. Do you want that?"

"N-No." Ashton shook his head and looked down.

"I thought so," Joker took out his gun and lifted it to Ashtons forehead, "Any last wishes?"

Ashton looked at him, "Don't hurt (Y/N)."

(Y/N) heard a loud bang and flinched, she opened the door to her room and made her way towards the sound.

"You fucking bastard!" An angry voice yelled, she made it out to be Jokers voice.

"You deserve this you piece of shit." She heard Ashton yell as she walked into the kitchen.

"W-What happened?" She asked and both of the men looked at her. Joker was against the wall with blood coming out of his shoulder, Ashton was holding him up by his neck, "Stop that." She pulled Ashton away.

"Let's go." Ashton grabbed her hand and started dragging her to the front door of the hideout.

Joker laughed and watched the pair, "I will find you, doll face, I'll come get you."

"Don't listen to him." Ashton whispered and took the girl to his car. He sat down and she walked to the other side of the car. They drove far away and out of town. Ashton didn't risk going to their houses as he knew that that would be a stupid idea. Instead, he took them to a hotel and paid for their room.

(Y/N) didn't want to leave, she knew that Joker will find them. He always does. She didn't want to be hurt again and she didn't want to risk Ashtons life. This whole thing was stupid, they should have never gotten close to each other. Ashton should have just treated her like the other henchmen did. This was all her fault.

"We should probably go out and gets some clothes and essential things." Ashton said as he sat down on one of the beds in the room. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at (Y/N).

"Yeah, we can go later today," She smiled slightly and sat on the other bed, "Are you feeling okay? Did you get hurt?"

"No, I'm fine." He smiled and kept looking at her. He noticed a small frown on her lips, did she not want to leave? Ashton thought that she wanted to get away and that that was the only thing she wanted to do. He thought that if he helped her leave Joker then everything would be fine.

"Okay." She softly said and looked around the room; it was small but should be enough for them.

Ashton stood up and walked over to her, he took out her necklace from his pocket and sat beside her, "Here." He helped her put it on and then smiled.

"Thank you."

"It's alright."