Why me!?

Disclaimer: This story has been written for fun. No seriousness or sanity involved.

Lunch was churning in my stomach.

It's finally happening, I thought to myself, taking one deep breath and stood small before the very doors of the Fontaine Enterprise.

I don't even know why I'm here, I mean I was happy enough working as a waitress at Billy's, but the money wasn't enough and I couldn't afford to get kicked out by my land lord. Then again, I guess I do know why I'm here, though it still feels so strange.

I've always wanted to work for a prestigious company, but standing in front of these glass double doors in my tattered red heels had me shaking in fear.

Everything about the place screamed money; from the ground to the ceiling, even the pillars around the doors were shinier than my shoes.

"Here goes then," I sighed and waved a shaky pale hand through my brunette hair.

I managed to straighten the crap out of my usually unruly, curly hair and so it felt a little weird as I touched the soft strands, tucking a few behind my ear.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

A perky blonde with gorgeous blue eyes beamed a smile at me. Though it never reached her eyes, something about her made me feel even more queasy than when I had made my way into the large reception.

"Erm . . . hi, I-I'm Elisa Downy, I'm the–"

"Oh?" Her wide eyes looked at me like I was some kind of specimen. "Ah, you're here as part of the new risk control." She started typing away at her laptop.

I just nodded my head as she continued to blab on about some things I needed to gather.

"If you just follow the corridor on your right, there is an elevator. You will need to go on floor 50-"

"That high!" I blurted out.

The blonde only stared at me, I hated when people did that it made me feel all the more weird than I already felt.

I was never so popular at school, always the loner. Even now at 21 and just having graduated I haven't even had a boyfriend let alone been near any guy for that matter.

I just never fit in with anyone, either I was too ugly, nerdy or just damn right weird.

"Well I guess I am still kinda the last two," I sighed to myself and pushed a finger over my black framed glasses.

Yes I can't see well, sue me. I'm not a fan of contact lenses.

Anyway as I got on to the lift I managed to find my floor, thankfully it wasn't the top. I don't really like heights.

I was glad to be alone in the elevator, I'm not claustrophobic, but I tend to feel self conscious when I am around people in close proximity.

After a minute or so I snapped out of my thoughts as the doors opened. I ruffled down my long black skirt and took a step forward.

Snap.

I bumped into something hard, almost like a brick wall. My hands reached out to grab something, anything to help me from falling.

I was holding on to something soft, almost like velvet but I could still feel that hardness, now below me.

"Get the hell off me," a deep, rumble emerged from that 'below'.

I literally squeaked as I realised the situation I was in. It just so happened my heel finally buckled (no pun intended) on me and broke, making me fall on the first thing in front of me.

That soft fabric happened to be a rather expensive looking suit, now torn between my hands and the owner of that suit.

Gorgeous hazel eyes, coated in dark lashes staring furiously down at me.

Holy crap!

I fell on top of a hot guy.

What have I got myself into!?

_____________________

I'm bringing the story back, will be rewriting some bits.