Le Sigh

If you have ever thought of having a handsome boss and one in which you were his personal assistant, to be the most amazing job in the world, then you my friend are busy living your life in the clouds.

I mean sure, I thought he was good looking, in the I-just-got-out-of-bed in the rugged kind of way. But his attitude was horrendous.

How he even had a fiancée, I could still not fathom, I mean with a personality of some kind of twisted, sadistic beast, obviously she is only after him for his money and face.

I sighed, I'm no better though calling him all hot, I slapped my face and shook my head.

"Be quiet Elisa." I whispered.

I pushed some hair away from my face, most of my belongings were not fully returned, I didn't have my straightener which meant I was to endure the rest of my days with this unruly, curly brown hair. I twirled a curl between my fingers, pulling the thick strand as though it were a spring.

"Downy, I need you in my office." I jumped at the tone of his voice.

Sometimes he wouldn't even use the intercom, he didn't need it with the deepness of his manly voice. I bit down on my lip and mustered all the power I could to deal with the dragon, hidden in the office. I pushed away from my chair and made my way to my doom.

I stepped into the room, the plush carpet cushioning my flat heels.

"You called?" How I felt like some kind of maid.

He didn't reply and instead waved a hand over, beckoning me to his desk.

I inwardly groaned, how I hated this job of mine. I sauntered softly towards him, his head was down as he was writing something in haste. His hair was swept to one side, though a few strands got away.

"I want you to photocopy these papers into packs of five. Put them all in order and have them stapled, ready for my meeting in the afternoon." All the while he spoke to his pen as it met with the face of the paper.

"Certainly," I replied curtly and turned on my heels.

"I'm not done yet." He urged, sternly.

I pivoted on one leg and turned to face him, only to catch his darkening eyes on my motion.

I held onto the clipboard tightly, "what? I used to take ballet lessons."

He didn't exactly acknowledge my piece of information and instead cleared his throat. "Once those papers are completed, meet me on the thirtieth floor, they need to be set out ready for the investors. Have some refreshments in order too and Downy . . . "

"Yes?" I arched a brow as I stopped writing.

"Don't mess this up."

His long lips pursed together, his frown deepening causing etches of lines on his tanned forehead.

"I won't." My eyes narrowed in determination. Just who did he take me for?

"Can I go now?" I asked.

He let out a sigh and lifted his gaze once again, the point between his eyebrows filled with lines that found themselves irritated as they continued to stare at my own brown eyes. He opened his lips to say something when he was interrupted.

"Darling? You're here."

It was his fiancée, once again clad in something that was more revealing than ever. Her cleavage was so high up I thought it would squeeze the living day lights out of her throat. She waltz in shaking her hips as she did so, the sound of her heels muffled by the carpet; still she had made her presence.

Without even a care of my direction, she almost ran to Mr. Fontaine and wrapped her bare arms around his neck. I stared at the scene before me, a part of me wanting to gag, yet at the same time I found it quite funny.

As she held tight onto him, I could have sworn his frown had deepened, their were lines drawn around his mouth.

I was still standing, waiting for his instructions when the long neck of the woman craned to the side and looked at me in disgust. She scrunched her nose and pursed her lips. "What is she doing here?"

I blinked in bewilderment, "I work here." I replied. "I guess I shall take my leave then?" I arched a brow to Mr. Fontaine.

"Yes do that and leave us both alone." Her shrill voice entered my ears.

I bit down on my lip and met the eyes of Mr. Fontaine, though I couldn't really tell what he was thinking. His hazel eyes darkened slightly through his hooded gaze, I sighed and made my way back to my desk.

Shuddering inwardly, I felt a cold breeze enter through the hallway, it was coming through the window on the ceiling. With a tug of the ropes that connected to the glass, I pulled one side, slamming the window shut.

"Who even left that open?" I looked around my surroundings, though there was no one else except for myself and the two love birds in the office.

I sighed and shuffled my shoes to the desk, "oh crap the papers!"

I quickly went for the documents on my desk, and took a stapler with me as I made my way to the room just opposite the elevator. It would have been nice to have this as my own office, it was not exactly out in the open and I would be able to have my own privacy. Then again I sold my privacy the day I ripped his suit.

I sighed and made my way to the photocopier, "what did he want again?" I looked around for some spare sheets of paper and loaded the machine, my eyes traversed over the numerous numbers and buttons on the photocopier.

"Right five copies, and that's that."

I waited and copied each of the sheets, putting them all in a order and stapling them together, just like he had asked. I flipped the pages of each sheet, just to make sure everything was done properly.

The meeting was at eleven, there was still an hour left so I thought I would set everything before the set time. After all it's always best to be punctual. I made my way to the elevator and pushed the button to the thirtieth floor. I let out a breath and leaned against the cool railing, my mind wondering back to the first time I had entered the elevator and how I had walked into my own demise.

The elevator made a bright sound and I walked out to the usual meeting room. As I made my way to towards the door, walking past the glass windows, I could make out a figure already sitting on one of the chairs.

I quietly knocked on the door, "come in." A rather smooth voice muffled through the door.

I peeked my head out of the window, only to be met with a familiar face.

"Oh, Xavier?" I blinked.

"Nice to see you too, Elisa."

--------------------

Thanks for reading guys, I actually wrote this at work on my break so please do mind the mistakes. :)

Hope you're enjoying it so far and if you like the hate love relationship between the two character, you would love my other story Moonlit Dinner. It is more of a darker story, compared to this, though it is filled with a range of interesting characters.