Lost

"Crap."

I inwardly cursed myself as I felt the cold, hard hitting stone against my feet.

"Of all the days I had to break my stupid heel!"

I groaned as I continued to walk along the frosted floor. Whoever said the cold never bothered them was definitly not sane.

Not only did I make a humongous fool out of myself on my first day at work, and that in front of my new boss, I am now also being made to do his dirty work. Well not exactly dirty work, just errands...either way I feel like this is something he could do himself.

Then again, I did rip his new suit.

"I must look so weird right now," I sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ears, "honestly who would have thought I would become such a man's assistant. It is so uncalled for!"

I yelled without even wanting to see the shifting gazes on my disheveled appearance.

I shook my head, causing brown strands of hair to cover my face.

"Now where did he say the tailor was?"

I rummaged through the notebook with; numbers, addresses and e-mails of all the "in" places and "it" people of the city.

"Wow, and yet I only have fifty friends on Facebook, ten of which that actually do contact me."

I skimmed my finger across the lettering, it was probably written by his previous assistant. The handwriting was slanted, quick strokes- probably wasn't some slowpoke like myself.

"Ouch, ah," I yelped as I felt my head bump into something hard and stubborn.

"Oh for the love of!" I grabbed the book before any pages could fall out from it.

"Could this day get any worse?" I grumbled as I tried to make myself seem appropriate to the outside world.

My toes were all pink from the cold and my legs, goosebumps trickled down like dew drops on a leaf.

"Do you need a hand?"

I shook my head and sighed, "I need more than a hand, I need a mi-"

Before I could continue in my self pity, I stopped as I was met with yet another handsome looking man in a suit.

Do I have some kind of suit magnet?

I took a few steps back, not trusting myself and shook my head again. My brown strands getting in my way.

"No, I'm fine." I managed to speak out.

"Really?" He arched a golden brow and stared sheepishly. "I mean it's the middle of winter and here you are barefoot- I'm sorry, I mean where are my manners?"

I just looked back at him confused, sure he had a suit and was handsome in the boyish kind of way. His wispy golden locks curled just slightly beneath his neck and his eyes were molten chocolate.

He was nothing like the brute of the man I met moments before.

"What I mean to say is, would you like me to help you as you seemed to have been in some kind of trouble, hence the attire and you looking a little...lost?"

"Oh ah, my shoes well they...broke." I laughed, well it came out more like a cough. "I don't have the time," and money, "to go around looking for a pair right now-actually I'm a bit busy-"

"Are you sure?" The handsome stranger smiled, his eyes twinkling with concern. "I could give you some directions.

I really didn't want to ask him, but since he insisted.

"Well I'm looking for this tailor, I've never visited it before and don't really know where it is."

I rummaged through the black notebook and showed him through trembling hands. He skimmed his brown eyes over my poor attempt at a french manicure and then over the page.

"Oh Johnny's!" He broke into a smile. "I'm actually going for a fitting so I'll take you there myself." He took the book from my hand and gave it back to me.

"That's really kind of you, but I just needed directions." I shook my head furiously. "I can get there myself." I held onto the notebook tightly.

"Nonsense, and leave a pretty girl like yourself to just bear with this cold. Not a chance."

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and bit down on my lip.

I sighed as I wiggled my toes, I can't continue to walk around the city like this, especially if I'm going to be on foot all day.

I glanced back up through the curtain of my hair, the stranger with his hand outstretched.

"My name is Xavier, Xavier Elray and you are...?"

"Oh, I'm Elisa. Nice to meet you."

His giant hand embraced the ice of my own with his heat.

"Come, I'll take you back to my car, it's just by the road."

"Thank you."

-------------------------

So just in case some of you are new readers, this story has many exaggerations to it as it is quite a parody to all these similar cliche stories out there.

I really did this for fun, but never expected for so many of you to come to like its stupidity XD. Either way thank you for the support. <3

I haven't updated much as I have been trying to write for my main story, so sorry for those waiting.
Until next time!
:)