Divine

"So how did you start working for Darius?"

My gaze shifted between the different plates laid in front of us. It all seemed so divine; steak, some slimy looking thing and more foods I didn't recognise.

"Well," I started. I swallowed down on my saliva and looked up to a pair of tender, brown eyes.

I went back to my plate, "technically I would have been working for him anyway." I tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. "I was accepted for a risk management role, overlooking the health and safety of the company."

"I see." His eyes followed my gaze as he took a sip of his wine.

"Then again that was all over-"

"When you had an accident?" He smiled.

"More like a travesty, I can't believe I bumped into him and ripped his suit in the process."

Xavier chuckled as she described just how it had all occurred.

"On top of that, he had me walk barefoot in his office. I-honestly is that even ethical?"

"You would be surprise of the things he has done."

I raised a brow in confusion, "you talk as though you know him-personally that is."

Xavier shifted in his seat and gestured towards the food, "come we should eat, don't want all this to go to waste now."

"Oh, sure." I smiled though I did wonder why he seemed a little uncomfortable about Mr. Fontaine.

"So what do you do?" I asked Xavier.

"Oh business-boring stuff." He wiped the side of his plump lips.

I chuckled at his remark, "I won't disagree on that. I mean why does everyone in business seem so . . . "

I waved my hands as I tried to find the right words.

"Snobbish? Uptight? Arrogant?"

"Yes." I clicked my fingers and nodded.

He heaved out a sigh and took another sip of his wine.

"The thing is, everyone who works in these organisations and companies, they're trained to act a certain way. They need to keep a professional exterior though sometimes it takes over their lives and well . . ."

"You get someone like Mr. Fontaine."

He only smirked at my comment.

"What about you, you don't seem like the typical suits kinda guy."

"And what exactly is a suits kinda guy?" Xavier wriggled his brows and leaned forwards.

"Oh." I felt the heat run up my cheeks.

"It's fine. I never did like the way some guys would run companies. Either so far up their own ar$e they never really think of their employees." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Why can't you be my boss?"

Xavier looked up in curiosity and then started to laugh.

"Did I say that out loud?" I held a hand to my mouth and felt like crawling under the table.

"Well I wouldn't mind a cute PA as yourself. Darius really doesn't know how good he has it."

I shook my head; my straightened hair hitting against my cheeks.

"He's married, I mean engaged though."

"To a gold digger, yes." He smiled, though something behinds his eyes told me otherwise.

At times we would talk and eat, and then somehow the conversation would lead to Mr. Fontaine, but Xavier always held a certain emotion. Almost without any feeling but something within him.

I finished off the rest of my food when I could hear a buzzing sound.

"Is that your phone, or . . .?"

"My phone!" I quickly retorted.

Rummaging through my tatty old bag, I could feel Xavier's eyes on my figure. I felt the buzzing sound and took out my ancient device.

I could see the surprise in his eyes as he saw the model of my phone.

"Hello?" The number was private.

"Where do you think you are?"

"Mr. Fontaine?" I gasped.

Xavier leaned in and took the phone from my grasp.

"No, you-"

He held a large finger to his mouth and I watched as he conversed with my dragon of a boss.

"Darius it's me, Xavier."

I couldn't hear what was said over the phone though I could see the mischievous expression plastered on Xavier's face.

"No, it's not her fault. Listen I helped her oit with something and-yeah. Okay. Fine."

He handed me back the phone and mouthed, sorry.

"Yes?"

"Downy when I ask you to do something I want it done right away. It's 2pm now and you're still not back."

"I'm sorry Mr. Fontaine. I lost track of time, I'll be back soon."

"Good and don't waste anymore time."

He hung up on me.

I groaned and threw the phone in my bag.

"I feel like a ten year old and got in trouble for bunking."

Xavier started laughing and stood up.

"Don't worry, we'll go together and I'll sort it out for you."

"Thank you."

Perhaps it won't be so bad after all.

----------

Once again thank you for reading.
Hope you're enjoying it, I know I am haha.