Are You Serious?

I couldn't believe this was happening, but then again with my luck I always ran into trouble; heck trouble found me.

"What do you mean work for you?" I widened my chocolate brown eyes in confusion.

I was only met with his brutish force once again, his hand taking a grip of my own, dragging me up to meet with his cold stare.

"I don't think you're in the position of asking any questions here, just stay quiet and follow me."

I couldn't help but stare at his face, such a hard and stoic man and his features didn't really help, making him all the more colder than he already was. I bit down on my lip as he furrowed his bushy brows at me. It almost seemed like he sneered at me when he took another look at the damage made to his suit.

It's just a suit though, I'm sure he could easily buy another one if he feels it's so easy to buy something for $100,000. Gosh just thinking about that much money, if only I could earn that in a month let alone a day.

"Are you done with your thoughts?" His deep voice uttered.

I didn't want to cause any more trouble and taking my tattered heels in my hands, I walked slowly into the elevator. My feet slapping against the cold floor; I shivered. I couldn't believe this was happening.

How the hell can someone so invisible like myself, end up having to work with this Armani looking model. Just thinking about it, made me shudder.

I peeked up from under my lashes and stole a glance at his direction. He was leaning back against the railing with his head resting back on the wall. One hand was holding a briefcase with sheets of paper shoved inside.

I took a closer look at him and noticed how tanned his skin was, he must go on a lot of holidays.

I looked up and took a few steps towards the door.

"How high are we even going?"

I felt some warmth behind me, it was the guy in the suit. Yes I still didn't know his name nor did he know mine, then again we didn't really start off at the right foot.

Speaking of feet, mine were stone cold.

"My office is on the top floor," his breath tickled against my neck.

I smoothed down my hair out of habit and took a step forward, his proximity was making me feel uneasy.

"How far is the top floor?" I asked as I stared at the numbers changing, so far we were on the 70s.

"90, my office is on the 90th floor." His velvety voice uttered.

Oh great, we're on the highest of the high. And here I was talking not too long ago about how much I was afraid of heights.

I sighed as the doors finally opened and walked out of the elevator, hoping no one would see the predicament I was in. It was not everyday you would see an office worker walking around barefoot with her shoes in her hand, with a hot, angry guy breathing down on you.

He pushed passed me causing me to trip over my steps and land once again on my butt.

"Are you just dumb or clumsy?"

Without even lending a hand he just frowned at what may have looked like my stupidity and stormed off, down a bright marbled corridor.

"No, but at least I have manners." I gritted down on my teeth, though he was already away through a set of dark wooden doors.

I grabbed my mediocre looking things and rushed passed the vacant looking desk outside and managed to find myself through the very doors, Mr. Suits went through.

I gaped as I scanned through the large room; it was bigger than my apartment. Though the office was in the corner, the rest of the space was used as a leisure room with leather sofas to one side and on the other there was a makeshift bar with all kinds of spirits and liquids.

"Wow," I whispered.

I felt really out of place and felt as though I was somewhere in the building I shouldn't have been. But who was Mr. Suits, why did he have such an amazing office and on the top floor?

I tip toed softly against the plush carpet that was laid throughout the office. It had a greyish tint to it with all kinds of fluffy rugs darted across each side of the room. The colour scheme was neutral, he has good taste.

"Are you going to continue to gawk around or do I have to drag you here myself?" His voice echoed into my ears, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I was just admiring your decor," I replied.

"Yes well hurry up, I'm really not in the mood considering why you're actually here."

As I sauntered towards his desk, I noticed he had untied his tie and took his jacket off. Okay if he's trying to make me uncomfortable it's definitly working.

I've never even been alone with a guy before so I didn't know what to expect, not that anything was going to happen but it was a little unnerving.

"So," he sighed and brushed a tanned hand through his short cut. "Before we start, you need to know what you are dealing with and I mean what you're getting yourself into."

I was still standing as he had yet to give me a chair to sit on, though it was more out of politeness considering how rude it would be if I sat without his permission.

"At least sit down, you're going to be here a while." He sighed and leaned back against his executive looking chair.

"Sure," I nodded and grabbed the nearest chair, though it wasn't as comfy as his.

"Good," he smirked, "so..."

"Oh," I shook my head and looked at his cocky demeanour, "I'm Elisa Downy, I was supposed to be the new employee at risk-"

"I don't think that matters now, Elisa and as far as you know, you work for me anyway."

"I do?" I asked.

"Well why else do you think my office is way up high away from everyone else, don't you know who I am?"

He looked almost hurt but the truth is, I didn't. I didn't have a T.V as I couldn't afford it and my phone was just a regular Nokia- old is gold so no internet there.

"I'm Fontaine, Darius Fontaine."

"You mean you're the CEO of this company!"

_____________________________

Chapter 3 done, wow this is becoming fun.