Is It Going To Last?

The next three days went relatively fast. Sara would see Shane at school but it didn't make up for the lost time after school. She told Shane about the agreement she made with Kaleb. Shane definitely wasn't too fond of seeing Kaleb anytime soon but they made plan to go to her house after school to study. Shane pulled into the driveway and gave a sigh of relief when he saw Kaleb's truck wasn't there. They walked in the house and saw Vicky working. "Hey sweetie, hi Shane."

"Hi Mrs. Gassert." Shane starts unpacking his book and notes.

"Please Shane. Call me Vicky."

"Oh sorry." He nods and helped get Sara's books and notes out. Sara did her homework while Shane tried to study. He just can't stay focused. The pair study for a couple hours until they hear the front door open. Shane's heart drops. Kaleb walks in the kitchen and spots him right away. He quickly walks into his den. Shane ate supper with the Gassert's then headed back to his hangout to meet Jason.

"Dude, I don't think I can do this. Her dad is scaring the crap out of me." Shane grabs a beer out of the fridge and plops down next to his friend on the couch.

"Shane, do you love her?" Jason casually asked while playing with a lighter.

"What! F*** no, you know I don't do the whole 'feelings' in these relationships." Shane snapped back.

"Then you shouldn't have a problem leaving her. Please do it sooner then later, I feel like she's a crier." He lite a roll.

Shane sighed, taking his phone out. He dials Sara's number. Slowly he pressed the green phone button and held the phone up to his ear. He heart is starting to race. His thoughts are all over the place. She different. She doesn't give in. She is smart and beautiful. She cares about him, the real him, not just the fact that it's "Shane, Ruler of Fredrick High School". She blushed every time he kissed her, like it was their first and like it will be the last. And when she cried, even because it was his fault, it hurt his heart like crazy,

There was a smack on his chest as tears threatened to leave his eyes. "What!" He snapped again.

Jason gave him a confused look and pointed to Shane's phone which was still up to he's ear. "Hello.... hello?... Shane? Are you ok?... Jason, is this you?"

"Hey baby, umm... I... umm..." he couldn't like of anything to say. He was lost.

There was giggling coming to through the phone. "Jason, give the phone to Shane please. I know Shane wouldn't call me baby."

Nervously laughing Shane plays along and holds this phone away from his ear. "Yea Jason, give me my phone back!" This gets a look from Jason but he just goes back to watching tv.

"Hey little lady, did you miss me yet?"

"Yes daddy, I did. I was waiting for a text but I like calls better."

"So I was thinking and how about we study at my house tomorrow? Then you can get to know my family and stuff." He was shaking. What the hell was he thinking. He never had a girl to his house before.

"Oh I would love that! Should I bring again? What should I wear? I can't wait!"

"Calm down now. It's jut my mom and sisters. We will go after school. I have to go now. Sweet dreams little lady." Shane sighs in relief as he ends the call.

"No, I don't love her. I only care about myself." Jason mocks but then a pillow come out of nowhere and smacked him square on the side of his face. He stopped laughing but kept a shitty grin on his lips.