Chapter 7 - Kiss and Grandma

I hesitated as I was taking a step forward and walking towards Alaric's sitting form. Holding my breath I looked at the man sitting on the soft green grass adorned with white flowers then shook my head and started turning away. I can't do it.

"Erica?" I heard him saying my name gently as he stood up. My eyes met his dull brown ones, this time he didn't have that little spark in his eye I loved to see every time.

"Hey" I said quietly, still looking up at him but not moving.

"Can we talk please?" Alaric murmured running a hand through his thick brown locks, then sitting on his previous spot on the grass. He noticed I was hesitating so he patted the grass telling me to sit down.

"I'm sorry for what I've done last night." sighing heavily at his apologetic face, I wrapped my arms around his muscled waist, inhaling his scent just like he does.

"I don't know what it is but every time I'm with you I feel safe and calm." I looked as the water begun to hit against the rocks in the lake, feeling completely relaxed and content.

His eyes snapped to my face and moved slightly closer to me so our heads were almost touching "I feel the same you know." he said as he caressed my knee. I blushed when I heard what he just said, apparently he feels the same.

Suddenly his chocolate brown eyes looked into my blue ones as he leaned forward, looking at me with such intensity, I felt paralyzed as if I couldn't move. His arms that were by his sides now wrapped around my waist and pulling me even closer to him, then his lips touched mine. All of the important things didn't matter anymore, in that moment all I could feel were his soft lips moving gently on mine. Running his tongue along my bottom lip asking for entrance, his hands on my lower back, softly caressing me.

I slightly gasped and he took that as an opportunity to dip his tongue in my mouth, leaving me breathless, I couldn't pull away. He felt I was trying to pull away so he let out a slight growl of disapproval, deepening the kiss, his grip getting tighter on me.

A whimper left my lips as he finally stopped kissing me but then he proceeded to kiss along my neck, leaving me breathing hard I thought I would pass out "Alaric, we have to stop." a groan left his lips as I interrupted our intimate moment.

I sighed as he bit my neck one last time then kissing it, his eyes lifting up to meet mine. Frowning slightly at him, I moved away "Your eyes are completely black again?" I asked him in a questioning tone which shook him a little bit because he moved away from me, I instantly felt colder and weird.

"We should go." I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked at his lower region, apparently he was up for some fun.

"Agreed, let's go." I muttered shyly, not daring to look at his eyes. I stilled instantly, realizing something.

"I have a boyfriend." I whispered to myself, still not believing I cheated on Dylan with Alaric, the guy I barely even knew. My eyes wide with unshed tears, cringing at the thought of him.

"He won't be your boyfriend for too long." Alaric snapped angrily, marching towards my still form.

"What do you mean?" I said quietly as a tear slid down my cheek but Alaric noticed it then wiped it off gently with his thumb, looking like he's in pain.

"You'll find out soon, now let's go." after he said his final words, he ushered me to my house then left, kissing me on the forehead, a warm feeling appearing in my chest, a small smile lighting up my face.