Chapter 12 - Steamy

You know when someone does something bad and blames it on you even though you didn't do it? That's what happened to me or at least that's what I thought. Alaric was gripping my hand but not harshly or enough to hurt me, his hold on my hand loosening with each step we took towards his car.

"I was waiting for this moment to happen forever my love." Alaric whispered in my ear, his breath caressing the side of my face and lips pressing against my neck. A soft sigh left my lips as I hugged him around the waist and inhaled his masculine scent as I recalled what just happened a couple of minutes ago. Despite my anger towards Alaric I still gave in.

"Alpha." Jane muttered with a shaky barely audible voice when Alaric appeared in the middle of the argument that me and Jane were having. Alaric's chocolatey brown eyes now glowing yellow, just like the last time, his teeth bared in a dangerous manner, making me feel intimidated and from what I could see, the other were slowly backing away.

"How dare you touch her?" he lowly growled out, slowly stalking towards now shaking Jane.

"She was tou-" before she could finish her sentence, she was grabbed by the throat and thrown away across the parking lot, everyone completely silent, not daring to move or utter a single word. I gasped, covering my mouth and ready to go to check if she was fine but before I could move Alaric gripped my hand and turned me around to face him.

"Everyone will respect you, nobody will lay a hand on you while I'm alive, that's a promise." I frowned at him, my eyebrows furrowed in a questioning manner, a shiver ran down my spine as I realized what he just said but why did he? He said it so possessively and protectively which made me feel safe yet intimidated at the same time.

I looked back at Jane only to see her walking away from the crowd with Dylan right by her side "What are they Alaric?" I muttered softly, wondering why did she attack me for just hugging him? Why was he with her? Millions of thoughts and questions running through my mind, and knowing Alaric all of them will be left unanswered.

"They're together." Alaric mumbled, his big hands reaching down to softly caress my chin and lift it up so I can look into his eyes.

"Together? So you're saying Dylan was cheating on me this whole time? With my best friend?" I squared my shoulders when I heard him sigh and hug me but I pushed him away.

"You're such a liar Alaric, I know a lot of people are liars but you're the biggest one." I spat out at him, yanking my hands away from him, feeling completely disgusted with everyone and everything. Dylan, my ex boyfriend was cheating on me behind my back with my ex best friend and all this time the thought of him cheating on me was on my mind but I was never brave enough to believe in it and the best thing was - Alaric knew it this whole time without telling me.

"You know Erica, you're being such a hypocrite right now." I heard him talking behind me, a frown slipping on my face. I turned around and saw Alaric leaning on his car, watching my face for a second then commenting once again with a smirk on his face.

"You can't blame only him, you were cheating on him as well." he stared straight into my eyes, waiting for my comment and once I replied to him I regretted it immediately.

"I hate you." my breath hitched in my throat as Alaric's face and eyes darkened, his lips pulled into a snarl, then gripping my hand and pulling me along with him to walk.

I snapped out of my thoughts, feeling Alaric's teeth biting and pulling the skin on my neck "Now, still hate me?" After I told him I hated him he was angry, livid, every word that describes angry. Deep down I knew he would never hurt me but again, if he could hurt Jane he could also hurt me.