Chapter 10 - Yellow Eyes

He softly placed another gentle yet passionate kiss on my neck, giving a slight nibble here and there, teasing me with a wicked grin that was dancing on his full pink lips. He murmured something but I couldn't hear it, his gentle teasing making my head cloud with lust. My breathing getting heavy as I gripped the nape of his neck urging him for more.

There was a nagging feeling at the back of my head, as if something was pulling me out of my sleep telling me to wake up but I just couldn't open my eyes, my brain wanted more of the dream, it felt so real. After I processed what was happening I quickly opened my eyes and bolted out of the bed thinking about what did I forget. School. Oh no.

Looking over at my nightstand I saw it was already 10pm which meant I was extremely late for school and there's no way in hell I'm going right now so instead Ill be staying home and painting, something I haven't done in awhile.

I sighed as I moved towards my bathroom to take a shower and wash my hair. During the shower I've come to a realization that I was cheating on my boyfriend, Dylan, with a man that I barely knew but was extremely attracted to for the reason I didn't know myself. Then on the other hand, me and Dylan situation feels so off, Jans attacks me I should leave him alone and Dylan is pretty distant. While me and Alaric don't talk much, he's secretive and intimidating.

I glared towards the wall, a tiny drops of water falling in my eyes mixed with the shampoo, burning my eyes but I was too distracted to wipe it off or notice it. What have I gotten myself into?

I walked out of the bathroom returning back to my room to get dressed but stilled instantly when I spotted a sleeping figure on my bed.

The silhouette which was covered with big, white fluffy covers was big and definitely didn't fit in the bed, the only thing sticking out from under the covers was a mop of dark brown hair that was slightly curly, it was definitely a man. Not my dad. Not Dylan.

Alaric.

What was he doing here?

Watching him sleep brought a good feeling in my chest, I didn't realize the smile was on my face, he looked so relaxed and much younger, the frown long gone from his smooth handsome face, instead there was a small smile showing content. His chest rising and falling gently, my feet slowly making a way to the bed. Alaric suddenly opened his eyes and looked at me gently, a small smile still on his face.

"You look beautiful." he gently murmured while grabbing my hand in his much bigger one and rubbing tiny circles on my palm. His words hit me hard because I didn't expect a man like him, so quiet and rough could be so sweet and gentle. Blushing a little bit at his compliment I looked at floor, wondering why was he here.

"What are you doing here Alaric, especially so early." I asked him, hoping nobody had seen him when he was getting in the house. How did he get in anyway?

"I couldn't sleep." was his short reply before he closed his eyes once again. Looking at him I noticed he had dark circles under his eyes, his long eyelashes brushing against his cheekbones, slightly fluttering.

"Are you done staring at me?" Alaric teasingly murmured still not opening his eyes. I didn't even know I was staring at him.

"Not my fault you're extremely beautiful." I replied not realizing I called him beautiful so I quickly corrected myself.

"I meant handsome." after I corrected myself I realized what I've just said to him without realizing. Widening my eyes and smacking a palm on my lips I groaned inwardly for embarrassing myself and blurting out how he's handsome and beautiful.