Chapter 11 - Break Up

My legs were shaking as I was backing away from Alaric, my breaths coming out in short shaky pants, lips trembling but something was pulling me back, telling me to stop and confront him but I just couldn't, the fear in me won. I heard the voices around me, telling me to stand still and not move, despite everything I backed away even more.

"Son, stop, you're scaring her!" I heard a deep manly voice speaking up from behind us but I was too focused on my fear and didn't acknowledge it.

When I took another step back, a deep animalistic growl emitted from Alaric's throat, it was completely unnatural and wild, shaking my core, scaring me and making me bow down to him. I mustered up some courage to face him and once I did, I wish I hadn't. Alaric's face looked spine-chilling - his eyes were a bright yellow color, smaller nose which looked like a snout, and what shocked me the most was his mouth, it was covered in blood with large sharp canines bared to my face.

I froze. What is that?

A pair of much larger hands wrapped around my waist shoving me forcefully to their chest before pushing me into the hard cold wall. Swallowing down my fear, with shaky hands I tried to push him away but he just growled even more. I glanced at him once again, only to flinch at the fury in his eyes, Alaric was getting more livid with each passing second and ready to kill someone, in this case me.

"Let go of me." I demanded quietly, my voice so low and soft, full of fear which was directed towards the man standing in front of me. My statement seemed to anger him even more and grip me tighter than before.

"Never, you're Mine." dark livid eyes snapped to mine then snarling at me he buried his face into the crook of my neck and started nipping at it, breaking the skin making me cry out in pain and push him away. I failed miserably, he was too strong for me.

"I'll never be yours." I spat out angrily at him and immediately regretted it.

His eyes now a couple of shades darker, turning back to his beautiful brown ones but there were still a little specks of yellow in them, he grasped my hip in his large hand and pulled me closer to him, trapping me in his powerful hold.

"Too bad you're already mine." Alaric mumbled possessively in my ear, his lips leaving a trail of kisses down my jaw to my neck, my hands on instinct started caressing his burning hot skin under his shirt which was torn, feeling his hard body contracting against my palm made me realizing that everything was wrong.

What am I doing?

"Get away from me you monster!" I screamed at him then he stiffened and moved his gaze to my face and snarled at me, showing me his sharp teeth. That's when I screamed, remembering his yellow eyes and scary form. I'm so stupid.

What was he? He can't be human.

I rushed to the door, wanting to escape from this surreal moment and forget it ever happened. Luckily nobody chased after me but on the way out I bumped into someone and that someone was Jane. I whipped my head in her direction when she started walking away from me, not acknowledging me at all, probably on purpose. I'm still wondering what have I done to her.

"What are you doing here?" I called out to her, grasping her hand and turning her around to face me.

"None of your business, get lost." Jane spat out angrily then managed to push me away which resulted in me falling down and hurting my back. Yelping painfully I got up fed up with the whole scene, I exited the house and thought of my way home, how am I going to come back.

The night was definitely chilly, the wind blowing making me shiver and hug myself to keep warm. Everything was quiet apart from the owls hooting and my shoes hitting the dirty ground, twigs breaking as I was stepping on them. Looking around I tried to decide in which direction should I go. I wish I had brought my phone with me.