Ch 3: Good and Bad

A/n: this chapter might be a little depressive but no worries it gets better. :) Thank you all for the nice comments. They mean a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom's POV
As I stormed off to my room I felt something tug at my chest. Was it hate, pain or guilt? Probably a mix of it all. I don't care, he deserved it after what he did. I slammed my door shut and pull out my shiny silver flask, my common escape to burdens.
As I slumped down on my comfy bed, I realized that I've been a little rough with him.
"Argh, stop feeling guilty you puny idiot. He deserved it." I mumbled to myself while sitting up on my bed and taking a gulp of vodka. The darkness surrounded my room, preventing me from seeing much a thing. One thing it definitely didn't stop me from doing was drinking and hearing. I was hearing.... Sobs? Someone, Tord most probably, was sobbing?!
I headed for the door and opened it slightly, trying to hear where it came from. His room, it came from his room. That's when I recall his words before I stormed off after telling him how I wished he was dead.
"Well, maybe I do, too!"
Those words echoed loudly in my pounding head. I felt sick from guilt, why?? He tried to kill me, he blew up the house and he killed Jon. The only thing he deserves is death.
Ouch. My own words against someone hurt me. I took another gulp of vodka to wash it off but it only made it worse. It felt like someone was grasping my heart and tried to pull it out of my chest. It felt awful.
My head was pounding and I felt like the world was spinning. The more I tried to make up my mind, the more I felt sick from guilt and panic. Soon enough, I ran to the bathroom, feeling my rest over meal from last night rise up. Never in my life have I felt this sick over something. Especially over someone as reckless and evil as Tord.
Speak of the devil, there he was, in the doorway, glaring at me. He looked.... Worried? No, no, he cannot be worried about me, he tried to end me!
"What do you want?" I blurt out coldly, staring at him dead in the eyes. I know he probably can't be sure if I am, but I bet he could feel my stare because he began to stammer.
"Are y-you okay, Tom?" I can tell he is hesitant and conscious that I could knock the light out of his eyes if I wanted. Now that I think of it, his eyes are watery and red. He was indeed sobbing, what a cry baby.
Another tug in my throbbing chest caused my dinner to come up, too. I quickly turn to the toilet to let it fall out. I turn back to him, trying to avoid his stare.
"I'm fine, ask that to yourself. Your eyes are red and watery, you've been crying, right?" I ask, in the most monotone of voice I could afford to do. I didn't want him to know that I was the slightest bit worried about him.
"That's none of your business." He grumbles and turns away. He, too, was trying to avoid my "eyes."
I stood up and washed my face off with a cloth and cold water.
"Yes it is, anything under this roof is my business... Including you."
"I-I... don't know how to explain."
I slammed him against the wall, ignoring the excruciating pain in my chest.
"Spit it out, commie!" I hissed, pushing him harder against the wall. That was a little impulsive of me, but I didn't let go of my grasp.
"F-fine, just let me down, Jehova's" He muttered and I let him go.
"So what's the deal with you?" I bluntly asked like I didn't just slam him against the wall.
He gestures me to go to the living room, I groggily follow, trying to keep steady. Tord takes a seat on the couch and so do I. Although I try to stay as far away from him as the couch could allow.
The evil Norski takes in a deep, sharp breath and sighs. Like he knew that it was going to end in a fight, as usual.
"Look, I'm sorry Thoma- Tom. I'm very, very sorry for what I did. I deeply regret it. It's just the power was getting to my head and I just- I just lost control. I know that what I did has been done and I can't change that. But please understand that I'm not a robot! I genuinely feel emotions." He calmly says, but his face proved how distressed he truly was. The maniac midget, none other than Tord himself, was on the verge of tears.
I was left speechless, I didn't know what to say. I felt like yelling at him as much as forgiving him. Tord continued,
"I can understand why you'd wish death upon me. I am a terrible person." His Norski voice trembled, he was desperately trying to stay together. I could see tears streaming down his face, they were shining due to the light of the TV. A silent, whimper escaped his mouth as he glared at me, I was still speechless.
Who needs words when you can just use actions? With that, I pulled him into a hug, not knowing what else to do. That's when he burst out in tears, his head on my shoulder.
It felt strange to have him this close to me. I could tell Tord didn't mind, however.
"Stop crying, you cry baby. I guess I can forgive you. But that doesn't mean I trust you, Tord." I whisper softly. I felt the midget slump in my arms, he stopped crying and I pulled away.
"Thank you, Tom," Tord mumbled, still a little shaky from his outburst.
"No need to thank me" I stood up and continued as I walked towards my room, "oh and Tord, I didn't mean what I said earlier this night."
I couldn't see his face very well, but he seemed happy. For the first time in long, I fell asleep without drinking myself to slumber.
3RD POV:
Time flies by quickly, soon enough the sun was up and shining. This meant the beginning of a new day.
Tom, wide awake, didn't feel too happy about the sun. Nor did he feel happy about being awake so early. It was freezing cold and his hoodie wasn't doing its job really well.
"Dammit! It's so cold..." Tom said to himself, well aware that he was talking to himself.
The next few minutes were spent scavenging his room for something, anything warm he could wear.
Then he found it, a trenchcoat. He wondered who it belonged to but that didn't stop him from putting it on.
"Hmm, perfect fit, warm, cozy... Whoever owned it better know that it's mine now." He chuckled at his own statement and headed out his room.
To Tom's surprise, Tord was already awake. He was munching on cereals while watching Saturday cartoons, like a kid.
"Up early?" Tom asked, trying to start up a conversation.
"Yeah- why are you wearing my trenchcoat?" A ton of confusion was obvious in Tord's voice. Tom just shrugged and nonchalantly replied,
"Well I found it in my room, I was cold, therefore I put it on."
Then something hit Tom, like a lightning bolt. How could something of Tord's attire fit someone almost twice his size?
"Wait- how the hell does this even fit me? You're like a dwarf compared to me!" The bigger male blurted out, confused and slightly mind-blown.
"First of all, fuck you I'm not short, I am /fun/ sized. Second, where I go with it can get really cold so I always wear lots of clothing under it. That's why it's so big." Tord harshly replied, very insulted from being called short.
Tom snorted at his statement, he couldn't help but burst out laughing.
"Fun sized? Yeah, for 8 years old kids to play with. You're like a Barbie Doll."
"Well, thanks for saying I look like a Barbie Doll. Those generally look pretty good." Tord retorted, making Tom shut up and think for a minute.
"Oh and by the way you look good in that trenchcoat. You can keep it, I wasn't planning on using it again anyways." He added, smirking a little.
"I- did you just compliment me?" Tom pondered, a little flustered but mainly surprised at Tord's kindness.
"Yes, yes I did."
Tom would've killed for an awesome come back just about now. But all he could think of was "You're gay." But that seemed too mainstream. He had to make it more "Tom style."
"I bet you like dick up your ass then." He snapped & quickly flinched from holding back his laughter. Meanwhile, Tord was just staring at him, wondering what he would say next.
Tord, being bisexual, knew Tom's statement wasn't entirely false.
"Who says I don't?" He mentioned as he snorted and turned back to the Saturday cartoons. Tom suddenly stopped his fit of laughter and went completely silent.
"Wait... What?"
"It's a joke, Tom. J-O-K-E." Tord enunciated and laid back, placing his empty bowl of cereals by his side.
"Oh, right. Haha," Tom laughed nervously and sped off to the kitchen.