Colorful Nightmares

Ch.6 Colourful Nightmare
Tord's POV
I sprang up, ready to prepare then I stopped. A few questions came up to mind.
"Wait- a festival, now?" I questioned, confused because I didn't hear about any festival.
"Yeah, some sort of music festival. The only reason we're going is for the fireworks" Tom replied, not aware how hesitant I was with fireworks. Truth is, they reminded me of all the wars I've been through and what I've done. I don't really like them. At all. But I didn't say that because I didn't want to seem weak.
So I nodded and went to prepare myself for the cold weather of a fall night. I threw on my red hoodie and a pair of dark grey pants, my typical attire. By the time I was finished, Tom was knocking at my door.
"Hurry up slowpoke, we don't have all night," he snarled, impatient and obviously not too pleased at the idea of going out. Especially since the last time we did, he was publicly shamed by me and the rest. Heh.
I wonder what was going on in his mind when he saw me in that costume-
Wait, I prefer not to know.
I shuddered a little and walked out of my room, ready to face whatever was coming up. There was Tom, with his typical, annoyed look. He was wearing my trench coat , in all honesty, it suited him like a glove.
Edd, Matt, Tom and I, walked towards the car. It was awkwardly silent for the whole ride, except for the shitty one hit wonders that played on the radio.
"Who let the dogs out? Who, who, who?"
I wanted to die, straight up choose a painful death and spasm in the car. But I couldn't, I'm civilized enough to wait.
"Someone pass me the bleach," I mumbled to myself, annoyed.
"I would gladly share a glass of bleach with you right now," Tom, who was seated beside me, added, seemingly pissed.
"Ah- come on guys, turn that frown upside down! We're almost there," Edd chirped while the others, including me, simultaneously grunted.
Edd was right, in a matter of ten minutes, we were in town. I and the rest hopped off the car, happy to be out of that hellhole. All except for me.
I didn't want to see the fireworks at all.
"So umm, the fireworks are at ten and it's 9:40 pm, so you can walk around. We'll meet up at the dock at 9:55, okay?" Edd proposed, I nod and so does the rest. Edd left with Matt and I lingered around Tom. While we walked around town, I decided I should tell Tom about the fireworks and me.
"Um, Tom?"
".... Yeah?"
"I- have something to tell you"
I know it sounded like a love confession but how else could I tell him?
"Wh- um sure go ahead, Tord"
"I don't l-like fireworks. At all. They... ahem... scare me. Go ahead, you can laugh."
He gave me this confused yet concerned look. It was weird to see that he was concerned. Usually, he never cared about me.
"Oh, it's okay. You can stay by my side, well, um if you wanna go I'll tell the guys you felt sick and walked home," Tom enquired, still obviously concerned.
"Thanks, I'll stay." At first, I was perplexed and happy at once. A warm feeling grew in my chest. Then, all I felt was the comfort he gave me. I gave him a shy smile.
Soon it was time to get going, I felt my heart sink. I sighed and walked along Tom, towards the dock. I dreaded the sight of it, I knew what was going to happen and I didn't like it. Edd was there with Matt and other random people, too. It was ridiculously crowded and I was surrounded by giants. Curse my midget size.
When the fireworks began, I shuddered and glanced around quickly for an exit. Nowhere, I was stuck amidst a crowd with no plausible exit. It was freaky, I saw war flashbacks start to animate themselves in my head, I grasped my hair tightly and grunted. The colorful bombs exploded in the dark blue, night sky, making my blood run cold. Tom noticed that I wasn't feeling good and bend down to tell me,
"Don't focus on the sound, focus on the colors."
"But I can't see a damn thing!!" I shouted back, angry and distressed.
"Here, climb on my back," He suggested kindly and crouched down. I hesitantly climbed on his back and thanked him shyly. What I could see was beautiful, definitely not cheap, store-bought fireworks. They had various colors such as green, purple, red and blue. Also, the warmth Tom brought me was nice, I found myself snuggling up to him. My hands wrapped around his neck and my legs around his waist.
"Jeez, he is one massive guy," I thought to myself and smiled. As I snuggled up to the giant man, I felt him tense up. Not for long, however, he didn't seem to mind at all, actually.
My heart's pace went back to normal and I no longer felt panic, instead, I did as Tom said; focus on the colors. It was fairly easy and I genuinely enjoyed myself. I could feel someone's eyes on me, it was Edd, he gave me this confused but amazed look.
Soon enough, the fireworks were over and I began to doze off on Tom's back, my eyes felt heavy. Heck, I even caught myself snoring at times. My eyes shot open when I heard Matt ask one question I didn't like.
"Are you two like- A thing? If so, we don't mind"
Tom jumped and immediately replied before I could even say a thing.
"No, we aren't! We're just friends."
"Just friends? What was all the racket about when we came back from the costume shop?"
"Yeah, it was weird" Matt added and scoffed.
"Oh, that? It was just Tord acting like a prick!" Tom snapped and grunted.
"Yeah, I was just making Tom flustered because it is hilarious," I stated, still hooking on Tom's shoulders and waist. He didn't seem to care, it's like I was weightless for him.
I saw a blush creep on his face, it was subtle but definitely visible. Even with the poor lighting from the old street lamps.
"Anyone would be flustered at that! Besides, I don't like you in that way," he said with an upset tone of voice.
"I give it t'ill Halloween. By then, Tord will be forced to wear that stupid maid costume. Tom will probably pounce on him like an animal- rawr~" Edd teased and I felt my own face burn up. I noticed that Tom's face was bright red, not from anger, that's for sure.
"Shut up, EDD! I'd never lay this bitch... maybe for a million dollars though... but!-That's not the point." Tom snorted at his own statement while I cooked up my own reply.
"Hmm, with the governmental budget I own, I'd have around 9.2 million dollars. I just have to file it under army expenses and I should be good. If I'd give you the money by tomorrow, would you lay me then?" I said, confident. Tom's jaw dropped, he hesitated for a moment. I could tell he was considering the offer. I'm pretty sure he didn't get it was joke. Meanwhile, Edd & Matt were having a blast. Both of them were laughing t'ill they gasped for air and their faces turned red.
"A million dollars, huh? I accept," Tom finally answered and grinned.
I flushed in crimson red, Tom marched happily towards the car, relishing in my shame.
"W-what? I was just- I was just kidding. You're j-joking, right?" I stammered uncontrollably.
Edd and Matt glanced at each other, confused. I squirmed a little when I saw the car close by, wanting to get off.
"I'll let you figure that one out, Mr.Small loan of a million dollars," Tom let go of me and I entered the car. I was astonished, was he flirting with me or was he joking? I was truly clueless.
"Well, now I am sure. By Halloween these two will be at it," Edd commented as he started the engine, Matt chuckled. I, on the other hand, was internally screaming. My whole brain was a big mess, I was unbelievably confused. I think Tom could tell, since I was probably blushing and I was shifting around the seat.
As I doubted- He did notice.
"What's the matter, Tord? Confused?"
"Shut it Tom," I grumbled and turned to face away. The car drove off and the ride remained completely silent and it was awkward.
As I entered Tom's apartment, I felt drowsiness hit me like a plague. In a matter of minutes I was in my bed, sleeping. I didn't care about whatever Tom was doing, either.
That's when it began.
I woke up, however, I wasn't in Tom's apartment. I was in the house. Edd's house. My heart sank, I knew what this was; a nightmare. I tried my best to wake myself up but to no avail.
This time was different however, I was like a ghost, watching over the events. I watched as my old self entered the secret lab and prepared everything. For what? For world domination, of course. Then Tom entered the room, angry.
The memories were so accurate and vivid, it was so realistic. I watched as my old self went down the tube an entered the giant robot. I yelled I screeched to wake up. I didn't want to see this again.
But my voice came out as none, I was perfectly silent. With that, bullets shot threw the yellow walls of the house as Tom ran away.
Soon the time I dreaded came. A rocket. An explosion. A harpoon.
This time was different.
The harpoon shot right threw me. My old self's guts spilled all over as the robot crashed. I felt it burn, I watched as my own blood slowly seeped out of me. My current self, I watched as I slowly deteriorated. Skin peeled off and blood began to clot and fall as if it was pieces jello.
I felt myself tear up, I try to call out for help but no body came. I was all alone and my eyesight began to fade out.
All was black, I tried to scream.
Again and again.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'M SO SORRY! Please help me....Anyone?" I sobbed uncontrollably and jolted up, awake.
I turn to see Tom by my bed side.
"Oh Tom, thank God-"
"I thought we were friends"
"What?"
"Look at me, look at what you did to me! I thought the robot was the last of your evil schemes"
"Tom, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean this. I'm so, so sorry!-"
I look at him, closely. His body was contorted in various ways, skin was ripped off of him and he was seemingly rotting away.
Blood was seeping out of his black eyes and his skin began to melt away. He reached out to me and squeezed my arm lightly.
"Tord, it's okay, please wake up"
"Huh?"
"Wake up Tord"
My eyes groggily opened, there was Tom, squeezing my arm, pleading me to wake up. He was okay.
"Tom?? Oh Tom thank God you're okay..." I sighed in relief and he pulled me in a sudden, tight hug.
"I'm fine, I'm perfectly okay," he comforted me and patted my back. I felt weak to cry in his arms, yet, it felt nice.
"I'm so sorry," I muttered as I felt my eyes swell up with tears.
"It was just a nightmare Tord. It's over now." He let go of me and stood up. I slumped back in my bed, exhausted. My train of thoughts slowed down and I relaxed. Tom was about to leave, untilI grabbed his hoodie and tugged at it.
"What is it, Tord?" The tall Brit spun around to face me, curious.
"Don't l-leave" I mumbled, tired.
"I have to go, dude"
I tugged harder at his hoodie, he fell in my bed and I dragged him to my side.
"Shut up J-Jehovah's, you can stay here. I-I don't want to be alone."
"Tord are you drunk? No need s-some major sleep," Tom stated while trying his best to squirm away from me.
Tom's POV
I tried to move away but he kept pulling me closer. I felt my face burn up, what the fuck was he doing?
"I'm not drunk, j-just shut up. I'm n-not letting go," he ordered, I gave up and pulled him close to my chest. He snuggled in and quickly began to snore lightly. I mumbled curse words to myself and gave in to this fucking gay ass moment.
"Fuck it" I muttered and snuggled up to him, too. My eyes began to feel heavy and then, all went black.
The bright sun rays hit my face with a light heat. I awaked groggily, trying to get a grip of my surroundings.
"Where am I?" I asked to myself, when I realized, Tord was still in my grasp. His face looked so peaceful when he was asleep. He had his head pressed against my chest and hands wrapped around my upper-waist.
"Oh right- Tord, wake up," I shook him lightly and he groaned.
"Another mi-" his eyes shot open, he was in awe.
"Uhh... Good morning Tom, sorry about last night I-"
"It's okay dude, you freaked out,"
I'm surprised that he never noticed how he was still cuddling up to me like I was a teddy bear. Tord nuzzled my chest and mumbled:
"You smell nice"
My train of thoughts pulled to a sudden stop. My thoughts went completely blank. I stared in the void for a good minute before answering shyly,
"thank y-you" I smiled slightly, what Tord said was most definitely random. But sweet. What? I mentally slapped myself a few times. I couldn't take too much of a liking for this man. He did try to kill me, after all. But that was the past, right? Argh what was I thinking??
I pulled him close to my chest and nuzzled my face in his hair. It was so soft, what the fuck? How many bottles of hair conditioner does he use?
"So soft" I whispered to myself
"Can you not ruin my hair, please?" Tord grunted and huffed.
"But it's so soft" I whined and ruffled his hair.
"Thanks, but seriously stop"
"No" I ruffled his hair more, chuckling.
"Tom- I will avenge myself I swear"
"Pfft, what will you do?"
"This!" He ruffled my hair, it only made me laugh. You can't mess up Steve.
"What the-?" Tord muttered and glared at me. "How??!" He continued and gasped, amazed and peeved.
"One can simply not mess up Steve" I replied, triumphant.
"Oh, you still have a name for whatever that is" he pointed at Steve.
"Yes, it is Steve, respect his authority"
Tord snorted and burst in laughter, he was curled up in a fetus position. He laughed so hard that tears were streaming down his gorge- his face. His normal face.
Since it was morning, I was undeniably hungry. My stomach grumbled loudly and Tord just had to mention it.
"Wait, was that Steve? Did I insult poor little Steve?" He teased and followed with: "I'm kidding, come on let's go eat"
So we both got up and headed to the small kitchen. I got a bowl of cereals and so did Tord. I took a seat at the table and Tord sat beside me. It was awkwardly silent, the silence felt bizarre.
Tord's POV
I felt my cheeks burn up, his features, his smile. Fuck. I am not liking this. At all. I glanced at him, he is kinda cute, kinda? I mean, REALLY cute. Especially when he's not trying gouge my eyes out with anger.
I slapped myself, physically. I needed to knock out of it.
"What was that for?" Tom questioned and looked at me, weirded out.
"I was just over thinking."
"Oh, okay...?"
I sighed and I finished up my bowl of cereals. I felt his "eyes" on me, I bet he knew it because he seemed like he was waiting for a reply. I turned to him and smiled slightly, trying to look nonchalant and totally not troubled by anything.
"What is it, Tom?" I asked him, giving him a concerned look.
He shrugged and sighed. He seemed to be deep in thought, like something was also eating him.
"I'm just a little too deep in my thoughts, nothing too bad," Tom declared, fatigue in his tone of voice.
I sat on the chair beside him and yawned. I was still quite tired from last night and I could've gone for more sleep. So, I slumped my head on the table, feeling drowsy.
"You can talk about it, if you wanna" I mumbled, feeling fatigue take over me.
"No, I'm cool, thanks,"
"Tord?-"
Tom's POV
He was lightly snoring, I could even see drool coming out of his mouth.
"Oh boy- he sure is one sleepy head. Psht- sleep is for the weak," I grunted and picked him up bridal style, slowly and softly. I didn't want to wake the Norski up, who knows how he reacts to this sort of thing? Tip toeing to his room slowly, I realized that I, myself, was quite tired.
I headed for his bed and gently placed him on it, aware that a small, subtle smile appeared on his face.
I ruffled his hair lightly and exited his poorly lit room. I decided to go watch some TV while he slept, in a matter of minutes, I was asleep.
"Tom, Tom wake up-" Tord whispered and lightly shook me.
"Nnngh what is it, midget?" I snapped at him, angry to be awoken.
"Argh, stop acting like a grump and get your ass up, you moron."
"We need to decorate for Halloween~" He continued and purred in my ear.
"Aurgh why?" I whined and sat up, rubbing the fatigue out of my eyes.
"Because Edd says so, see he texted me-"
Tord pulled out his phone and showed me the text message.
'Y'all better decorate for Halloween or I'm kicking your asses for sure'
"Okay fine, let's go to the dollar store and get some Halloween decorations"
Just like that, I found myself in the dollar store, with Tord, looking at Halloween decorations. He seemed so happy about it, however, so I kept my mouth shut. Why? I don't really know, pity? My mind was in total shambles and it got on my nerves. I caught myself over thinking all the time.
Why? Why did I feel so weird, so suddenly? I didn't like it, at all. He was just a friend. Nothing less, nothing more. Yet, I caught myself mentally completing him, smiling sweetly at him.
Him.
I hated him, I liked him, I despised him. He was the one tearing down the walls I've kept up and steady for so long. Fucking bullshit, this midget and his stupid, charming but shitty personality. What? I made no sense.
Most of my time spent with him involved fights and hate. But now? I really don't know what happened. Maybe he poisoned me or something.
"Okay, I got what we need, let's go," Tord chirped and busted me out of my trance. I nodded and headed to the car with a crap ton of bags in my hand. How much money did he waste on these? I know that the dollar store is not expensive but he bought so many things!
"Tord, how much did this all cost?" I asked, a small tone of annoyance in my voice.
"50$" The Norwegian bluntly responded, as if spending 50$ on Halloween decorations was a typical expense. My eyes widened, how much money did he truly own? This bitch could buy himself a castle if he wanted! Wait- didn't he say he owned over a million dollars?? And he rents a place in my shitty apartment! Okay, just what were you plotting, Tord?
"Wait, wait, HOLD UP! You little fuck could get a mansion if you wanted and you prefer to rent a place in MY shit apartment?! Tord what are you even planning?!?" I blurted out in confusion and slight fear.
"Heh, yeah I could. Well, I thought that getting a mansion surely wouldn't get me anywhere with yo- with the gang. I mean, getting apologies n stuff- you know?" He shrugged and helped me place the bags inside the car. Was he about to say "you" instead of "the gang"?? I was probably hearing things.
"So you gave up luxury to be forgiven?" I close up the car's trunk and enter the vehicle. Tord started up the engine and gave me a concerned look.
"I'd give up much more to be forgiven. I don't care about money, anyway," the dwarf mumbled softly, obviously shy about the whole ordeal.
"You're forgiven," I replied.
A small smile grew on his face, his eyes lit up as he drove off. Soon enough, we were home and already decorating the place, against my will.
There was fake spiders and cobwebs EVERYWHERE. Not to mention an ass load of orange and black things. We had to take care of this whole decoration nightmare until Tord was satisfied with it. Which took at least an hour.
Satisfied with his creative master piece, Tord sighed and grinned. I could already feel the Halloween vibes coming from him. Like some Halloween-crazed beast was just awakening in him. Tord looked around, for the 15th and last check up.
"Okay, we're done with this, FINALLY," I sighed in relief but I was quickly deceived when Tord retorted,
"Oh, hold your horses, Halloween is in 2 weeks, we can't have you all grumpy about this. I'll have remember that I, of all people, should be angry about Halloween coming up!"
"Why?"
"Well you infected me with the plague that is the maid costume, that I have to wear ALL day on Halloween." The tiny Norski stated angrily.
"Oh shit, I completely forgot about that-"
"What? It's not like you would care, right, Tom?" I could sense that he was teasing me, which immediately got on my nerves. He never stops, does he?
"All I care about is you making a fool outta yourself," I mocked and gave him a death stare. Tord only chuckled and smirked, I quickly knew what was going to happen next.
"Someone's getting real angry, hm? Making a fool out of myself, you say? Let me add to that, remember at the shop? You were extremely flustered, for some perverse reason I do not want to know about. It'll be hell for both of us, sweetie~" Tord purred teasingly, I began to fume up. He was testing my limits again, that little shit.
"What makes you say it'll be hell for both of us? Oh and hey, who are you calling the pervert, Mr.90GB of Hentai?" I growled.
"... fuck you," he snapped and paced around the room, furious about being defeated.
I burst out in laughter for a good five minutes and then, I cooled down. I reached out to him and patted his back.
"Hey, tell you what, Halloween is in 2 weeks. Who knows what'll happen by then?"
"Yeah, who knows?"
That's the thing that freaked me out. With Halloween's eventual arrival, I sense awkward vibes. Like something was going to happen. But that was just me, right?
We're just friends-
Yeah, friends.
A/N: Sorry if this is shitty, I tried my best to remove all typos but I'm not home so I don't have grammarly :"))
Also, sorry if this is short and sorry for how long it took to update. I was really occupied with school and personal business. I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!