Ch.5 Hidden Talent

Tom's POV
I hated the thought of giving in to Tord. But, somewhere, deep in me, I just felt that his words are true. He seemed so gleeful when I told him I trusted him. For some reason, it made me feel a slight warmth in my chest, like I had just done a good action I should be proud of. That's the thing; I am proud that I didn't rip his head off yet. Standing up to Tord's bullshit can take a lot of patience, trust me.

After the, truthfully, slightly gay confession, Tord headed to the shower while I sat around in the living room. I was bored out of my mind and that's when I heard it;
He was singing in the shower. At first I thought "pffft what a chump-" then I listened closely. The second thought that rushed to my mind was "Damn he sings good, like hella good," but I quickly washed that one off. He did sing good, I am not going to lie. I hesitantly walked towards the washroom to get a better hearing.

"My body is telling me, I don't need friends, I need sleep," Tord sang softly, probably not wanting me to hear. The way he sang these words were smothered with a sad tone. I could tell he was feeling blue. A feeling clenched my heart... I felt bad for him? Strange.

I sat a little longer by the washroom to listen, he sang various songs, happy, sad, etc.. I heard the shower closing and I quickly ran off, not wanting to be caught listening in on him.

I ran off to my room, who was right beside the washroom. But I was caught red handed during the act. Damn Tord was hella quick, for his midget size. I froze in the hallway as he called out my name.

"Tom, you were listening in on me, weren't you?" Tord sneered at me, grinning evilly. I swear, I hate the Norwegian gnome, sometimes.
"I... was just waiting for t-the washroom to be free," I stammered, trying to find an excuse. But it just came off as a lousy lie.

"Why are you running off, then, hmm?" Tord raised an eyebrow and chuckled slightly, I was dead meat.

".....arghh, why do you have to make a big deal out of everything?"

"So you were listening in on me"

"Well you were the one singing in the shower!"

"Yeah, and? I have the right to do so. Anyways, this doesn't answer my question. Were you listening in on me or not?" I could tell Tord was beginning to feel annoyed. Why did he care so much if I heard him sing? I felt my cheeks burn just a tad bit and I let a small groan escape my lips.

"Fine. I was, happy?" I confessed, in an annoyed tone of voice. I could easily tell that Tord was relishing my shame, what a jerk.

"Why would you do that?" He persuaded, curious but mainly wanting to toy with me.

"You.... You sing nicely, shut up now, commie." I muttered and turned away, trying to hide any signs of being flustered.

I heard him gulp and I turned around, trying to understand the situation. He was hella flustered, I could see it.
I grinned and started to chuckle. Boy, was he flustered, it was priceless.

Tord's POV

I struggled to find words, it was seemingly impossible. My thoughts were racing, I wanted to thank him as well as calling him gay. I wasn't sure what to do. I even felt my cheeks burn up, I was done for. Fuck.

"T-thanks, Tom" I mustered and mentally slapped myself, flinching in self-hate.

"Psht- Your face is as red as a tomato, jeez it's just a complement," Tom stated, an obvious tone of amusement in his voice.

"Well, coming from you it's quite fucking rare," I unwillingly snapped and he grunted.

"Look who's talking!" He retorted, I could feel the tension in the atmosphere rising.

"Argh, why do you have to make a big deal out of everything, Tom?!"