Chapter 6: Family or Relatives (Part 1)

6 years ago

"So, Y/N what faction are you joining when you grow up?" My soon to be stepmother asked as she washed the dishes. "Not that I really care anyway." she added truthfully. And to be honest the truth hurts.

"I wa-" I was about to tell her I wanted to join Dauntless, but my dad cut me off.

"Don't ask such a dumb ass question Jamie, the girl obviously wants to be in Dauntless just like her daddy." He said, then he smiled at me, I smiled back. Me and my dad were always close, I wanted to be just like him.

"I know Rick, but Dauntless is too violent, maybe she should join Amity." She said throwing her two cents in.

My biological mom was also dauntless, she and dad both switched to Candor because Mom got pregnant and couldn't stay in Dauntless very long. She died after she had me in Candor. Dad tells me all about her, how she made him laugh, and how happy he was. I could tell he missed her. I never got to know her, but my dad says I looked just like her, and that I would of liked her too.

My dad protected me since day 1, but then last year he got engaged to his girlfriend Jamie. All I knew about her was that she's hecka rich, she was born Candor and she's quite pretty for an older women. She was nice when she didn't live with us but when we moved into her house, the nagging started. She didn't really care about me, she was only marrying my dad for his good looks. She didn't care if he had a child, as long as I wasn't a problem, but for her everything I did was a problem, I couldn't take it.

"You're such a pussy." I said and my dad's smile got wider.

She gasped and put her hand over her heart, "Y/N, go to your room this instant!" She snapped and pointed to my room's general direction. My dad's smile faded.

"Jamie, *sigh* she didn't mean it, she's only 10." My dad said trying to defend me.

I stood up and hit the table with my hands "Whats the point of telling the truth when I just get in trouble?" Jamie was shocked that I finally stood up for myself in front of dad, "I hate telling the truth, and I hate you." I stormed out of the kitchen and into my room.

I sat on my bed and started thinking about why dad would marry Jamie in the first place. She's such a bitch, I wish my dad never met her. I hate it when she moans loud enough for me to hear when they were having sex.

Flashback 1 year

I was doing my homework when Jamie appeared in my doorway, "Sorry for the noise last night bitch, your dad really knows how to hit the spot. If you know what I mean." She laughed disgustingly, I didn't know what she meant. She called me bitch when dad wasn't around, I guess she didn't know I was aware of what that meant.

"The spot?" I asked her and put my pencil down.

"How do you not know this? How old are you like, twelve?" She said, she really didn't know.

"I'm nine." I corrected her, and held up nine fingers.

"Good for you." She said, my dad walked up behind her, he wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her neck. She let out a fake moan and looked at me, to show that she was stealing my dad. "I'm so horny Rick, how about a round 2?" She said still looking at me.

My dad stopped placing kisses on her neck, "Don't say that kind of shit around Y/N, she's just a child."

"Exactly, kids don't understand simple things." She said now looking at my dad.

"Jamie, Y/N is different, she's a quick learner." He always told me that apparently mom was too.

"Will she understand this?" Jamie said as she pushed her way out of dad's light grasp and walked over to me. She bent down to eye to eye level and told me in a hushed tone, "Now if you'll excuse me little bitch, i'm going to go play with your dad's balls, then swallow your brothers and sisters." She laughed as if she told a funny joke and straightened her knees as she stood up. I didn't know what she meant by 'swallowing my brothers and sisters', but my dad taught me how to defend myself, and kicking people in the 'balls' was one thing I learned.