My Life With The Eliot Boys

Chapter 14

When Cameron said it was going to be fun he wasn’t lying. We had been at this for over an hour. At first we just started juggling and passing the ball around be then we found this sling shot thing that would launch the ball down the field and we would just have to go run and get it. 

“Man your fast you’ve beat me almost every time!” Cameron breathed.

“Thanks! You’re not to bad yourself,” I said laying down on my back. 

“okay ready for the next one?” He asked loading the ball into to the launcher thing. 

“Of course your going down big boy,” I said with a smirk and he laid down next to me. The ball shot down the field and I quickly jumped to my feet and sprinted down the field towards the ball. Cameron was right behind me so moved my feet a little faster running towards the ball at full speed with the wind whipping through my hair.  I caught up to the ball right out side of the eighteen box and shot it. The ball sailed through the air and right into the back of the net!

“Good job,” A man said walking out from behind the bleachers.

“Thanks?” I said a little put off by his buff figure. 

“Coach Rocks hey! This is Mallory she is from Michigan pretty good eh?” Cameron said to the man.

“Hello Mallory, I am Coach Rocks nice to meet you, I hope you are considering trying out you could be a real help with the team,’ He said introducing himself. 

“Yea but I’m a girl,” I said looking at the ground.

“Doesn’t matter if you can play at their pace then you can play with anybody, I expect to be seeing you tomorrow at tryouts,” He said walking away.

“Did you here that?!” Cameron yelled jumping up and down like a little girl.

“OH MY GOSH HE WANTS ME TO TRYOUT!” I yelled back. This was going to be good I know it!

“He doesn’t just be nice to everyone! It took me three years just to hear a good game Eliot! You’re for sure going to make it now!” He exclaimed.

“I’m going to play soccer again! I’m going to play again,” I said to myself. 

“Wow you stink lets go home,” Cameron said leading me to his truck. 

“Thanks so much Cam,” I said.

“No problem it was fun,” 

“Hey have you talked to Cami lately?” 

“Yea why?” 

“Just wondering” I replied letting out a small laugh. 

“Oh shut up and go shower,” He said pulling into the house.

The car ride home went by really fast I guess. I ran up to my room and gathered my clothes before heading to the bathroom and starting the shower. 

After a long hot shower I finally got out and went straight to bed.

--------------------

“GET UP ITS TRYOUT DAY!” I heard cameron scream from above me. 

“Ten more minutes!” I groaned back.

“No now get up we are leaving in like ten minutes and if you do not get your booty out of that bed your being left, and guess what if you don’t come to school you can’t tryout,” He said.

“Is that a threat?” I ask questionably.

“Take it as you will young one,” He said.

“Hey! I’m older then you!” I say back finally getting out of bed.