My Life With The Eliot Boys

Chapter 15

    I walked into school feeling more confident then ever about tryouts after school. I don’t think anyone could ruin my mood even the guys on the team that hated my guts. I waltzed over to my locker and opened it up a note came tumbling down and fell at my feet.  I stared down at the white piece of paper before actually reading it I could make that scribbly hand writing out anywhere.

    “You can’t run from me for long so have your fun now -B”

    I dropped the note in my locker before slamming it shut. No no no no this can’t be happening again not here and for surely not now. I felt a strong hand rest on my shoulder causing me to jump.

    “Hey why so jumpy?” Corey asked as I turned to face him.

    “Oh um I don’t I have to get to class,” I said scurrying away from him. Should I tell him or no? The past still haunts me and I don’t know if I could tell him I mean I didn’t even tell my parents. The only person who knew was cousin Jared and he swore not to tell. I rushed into class and sat down still shaking I took out a pen and copied off the work on the board to my note book.

    “Hey,” I felt a tap from behind me.

    “Hey,” There it was again.

    “Hey you know I’m not going to stop till you turn around,” The voice said again. I knew it wasn’t wren because his voice was smooth almost like silk and this guys was almost like he was sick which he probably was. I turned around to look at him and froze in my seat. Wow this guy was like he was out of the books nice looking and clean cut.

    “What,” I said trying to sound annoyed as possible.

    “I’m Ryan,” He said sticking his hand out.

    “Mallory,” I said turning back around. I soon felt the tapping again.

    “I heard you are trying out for the boys soccer team,” He said once I turned to face him.

    “Where Wren?” I asked.

    “They switched all our classes something about not being able to work with most of the people in his classes I don’t know,” He replied spinning his pencil on his fingers. He switched because of me I know it for sure. I guess it was for the better.

    “So can I eat with you at lunch?” He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

    “Um I don’t know ask Corey,” I said turning back around so I don’t get in trouble. I don’t need another person on my hands I already have to many and they are all at risk of me hurting them and I just can’t have it.

    “At least let me drive you home,” He whispered in my ear. I turned around and gave him the deadliest look I had and then said “I’ll think about it.”
    The rest of class went by quickly and I headed to my locker before that Ryan kid could catch up with me just my luck he did.  He hovered over me as I tried to get my books.

    “You know you can’t ignore me forever we are in all of the same classes,” He said giving me a smug smirk. He was right I knew it we were bound to have to talk to each other sometime. I shrugged my shoulders and headed to my next class. I sat down and he followed sitting right next to me.

    “I guess you don’t take hints very well,” I said to him.

    “No not really,” he nodded. I think this guys could be pretty cool.

    The rest of the day went on with him annoying me and it was finally time for tryouts again. I walked to the locker room and changed into to my gear and walked out of the field to find Cameron. I looked around before finally locating him.