Chapter 2

Claimed - ManxMan/BDSM

|Chapter 2 - Levy|

Sitting behind a mahogany desk is a middle aged man. He's in his late forties with streaks of gray in his light brown hair that only helps enhance his sense of power. Faint lines are around his eyes and mouth as well as forehead but they only add to his intelligent appeal. In a sharp black suit with a crisp white shirt and shiny black shoes you can tell he's a man of importance.

As I enter the large office Lucas Montgomery stands from behind the desk and beckons me in, "Come in, Levy. Have a seat. It's nice to see you back."

My feet feel like lead but I force them to move as I make my way to one of the chairs in front of his desk. Nothing has changed in Mr. Montgomery's office in the month that I have been away. There is still a desk in front of the window that spans the far wall, a computer in the middle and a potted cactus off to the side. An area to the left of the office encompasses a small sitting area with a couch and a small coffee table. The painting of a cottage in the woods still hangs on the right wall above a decanter of beverages.

Mr. Montgomery sits back in his chair as I reach the desk and take a seat, "How was your vacation, Levy? Got plenty of rest I hope?"

I stare at my boss, or at least I hope he's still my boss, and frown. Mr. Montgomery has been an amazing person to work for these past three years. He has a calm demeanor and doesn't lose his temper if something does not go as planned. He's been the perfect boss and after what happened with Shane I had been looking forward to getting lost in the easy atmosphere I find when working with him.

"I did." I answer after a beat, "With all due respect, Mr. Montgomery, what's going on?"

The older man sighs and places his elbows on the desk, interloping his fingers and stares at me, "Levy, you know Waves changed CEOs while you were away."

I nod, "Yes. I heard about Mr. Richardson."

"Yes, Mr. Richardson." He sits back in his chair, all his movement is making me nauseous, "Well, he has been CEO for the past three weeks and has created a reputation for himself. Mostly because he can't seem to find a secretarial assistant that fits his liking."

My stomach drops at Mr. Montgomery's words. I know where this is going and I don't want to believe it. There is no way I'm working for that man. Not after how Molly described him. I don't need a control freak having the power to order me around.

"I've heard." I mutter acidly.

"Levy, Mr. Richardson asked the executives to recommend the best assistant we could think of for a promotion of sorts. That person would become Mr. Richardson's assistant and would receive a pay raise as well as other benefits. You have been working for me for three years, Levy, and I could not have asked for a better secretarial assistant. That is why I recommended you for this promotion, you deserve to be rewarded for your hard work, son."

Taking a breath I force a smile, "Thank you, Mr. Montgomery."

Thoughts run through my head as I wonder what to do now. There's no way I can reject the promotion after the reason Mr. Montgomery gave me for recommending me in the first place. It would be insulting to him. I grit my teeth to keep from letting out a frustrated growl. This is not what I need in my life right now.

"You're welcome, son. Now, Mr. Richardson is expecting you at nine o'clock. As you might have heard he's very punctual so I recommend you not be late. If there's anything you need please don't hesitate to come to me."

I nod and stand up, "Thank you for everything, Mr. Montgomery. It's been an honor to work for you these years. Thank you for all you have taught me."