Chapter 4

Claimed - ManxMan/BDSM

|Chapter 4 - Levy|

A soft ding signals the elevator doors are going to open and I push off the wall I'm leaning on. With slow footsteps I walk into the small space and press the button down to the lobby. As the car begins to descend I release a tired breath. No one can ever say they stopped working for Jacob Richardson because the work was boring. I've been running around like mad for the past three weeks.

Which makes me wonder why anyone wouldn't want this job. I understand that it's a lot of work but Richardson isn't a horrible boss. Actually he can be very gentle, as I found out first hand my first day here. There's also the fact that you're working under one of the most influential men in the city. That almost makes his arrogant assertive cockiness tolerable. Almost.

The elevator stops and the doors open to the spacious lobby. The chandeliers are on casting a warm earthy glow around the space. It's all but empty being almost six o'clock, the only other person is Emily still at her post.

I look out the window as I make my way across to Sergio's and see that twilight has fallen. Emily smiles as I pass her and I wave before continuing to the restaurant. The small establishment is empty as well. Molly along with a few other waiters and waitresses are the only ones left cleaning. I lean against the door and watch them meticulously scrub the tables before perching the chairs on top with the seats on the flat surface, the legs in the air.

Sammy, a blond twenty year old with striking blue eyes, looks over at me and smiles, "Hey Lev. How's the promotion going?"

Molly whips around where she's standing and smiles at me as I respond to Sammy, "It's going good, Sam."

"Give me five minutes?" Molly says, taking off her apron and heading towards the back of the restaurant.

"Sure." I call after her.

Sammy walks over to me and bumps me on the shoulder, "So you're working for the Big Dog, huh? How's that like?"

"Molly needs to learn to keep her mouth shut." I mutter.

That causes Sammy to laugh, "Yeah, that's going to happen."

I chuckle, "You have a point. Anyway, working for Richardson isn't that different than working for Montgomery. Just a lot more work. I'm exhausted." I say with a small smile and then louder, "Which is why I would love it if my best friend would hurry up!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Molly shouts, emerging with a bag on her arm, "Ok, lets go."

"I'll talk to you later, Sam." I say as I turn to leave but his hand on my arm makes me freeze.

"Come on, tell me a little more!" Sam whines.

But I can't understand what he's saying as visions of Shane's unyielding hand on my arm, preventing me from moving, race through my mind. I can feel his fingers digging into my flesh, his nails cutting into my flesh. The hard pull on my arm that almost dislocated it and caused sharp pains to travel from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers.

My heart is beating like a drum and my breathing is coming in short pants. I feel a sheen of sweat begin to cover me and I know I have to calm down. But the images keep running through my head and all my mind can think is that I need to leave, get out as fast as I can.

"Levy?" I hear a male voice but I can't distinguish it anymore. The feeling of a hand on my shoulder makes me flinch and I strike out, pushing whoever is touching me before running out of the doors, behind me.

"Look what you've done!" A female voice reprimands but I continue running. I need to get away.

My feet have a mind of their own as I run across the lobby. If I can just get to the elevator I'll be ok. My heart won't slow and I feel tears threaten. Why did I allow Shane to treat me the way he did? Why did I let him hurt me? Why? Why? Why?