Chapter 3

The next day I get to school and immediately run to my friends.

C:me M: Maddi B: Mimi
C: ahhhhh! Guys guess who lives right down the street from me!!!!
M&B: omg who?!?
C: his name...
B: ohh his
C: yeah his. Now his name starts with J and ends in B!
M: you know I hate riddles...
B: who?!?
C: Jakob!!!!
All: ahhh!!!
M: are you serious?!?
C: yeah I caught up to him on a ride!
B: that's crazy!
M: I can't believe he lives next to you and you never knew!
C: I know! I feel blind!
C: also he's gonna hang out with us at lunch...

4 hours later (lunch)

As soon as the bell rings Maddi and me leave Spanish and head to the planned meeting spot, a big tree with benches wrapped around it. At the spot Mimi is already there, so we all wait for the rest of our friends, Jakob, and his friends. When we're all there I go over all the people in my head. Of my friends there's Maddi, Mimi, and Maryanne. At Jakob's side is a guy I know from history named Cole Williams, a guy from my Spanish class Daniel McCarthy, and Kyle Livingston.

Oh not Kyle. I think to myself.

Maddi looks at me and I give her an oh great look. She gives me an I'm sorry look back. I give Jak a hug and introduce my friends and him his. We all sorta already know each other from classes. Or other reasons. I say to myself silently. After the awkwardness of meeting each other everyone settled into easy conversation.

Me, J:Jak

Me: So what classes are you taking?

J: I'm taking Spanish 3, US history, Anatomy, English, Math 3, vet science, and college connections at butte.

Me: I'm taking the same classes just in a little different order. I have cc at butte first and Spanish just before lunch. And English before anatomy.

J: Who do you have for math?

Me: Mrs. Welsh

J: Me too! So we've had math together all this time and we didn't even know it.

Me:At the rodeo I thought you looked familiar!

"Ding" Lunch ended and we all went to class. Jak and I walked together to math, we sat in the back and listened to the lesson.

After math Maddi, Jak, Cole and I went to vet science. Vet science was fun we learned about horse anatomy and confirmation. That was interesting to all of us since we all ride. 

After school I went to work.

Me: Hey Gerald. How ya doin?

Gerald: I'm fine, how bout you?

Me: I'm good. What we doin today?

G: Well I need you to mix the pigs and chickens their feed for the week. Then I'll have you water down the compost pile. After that I need you to catch an ewe (female sheep) for me, she has a growth on her neck and I need to see what's causing it.

M: OK sounds good I'll get that done.

After mixing all the feed I turned the hose on to wet the compost and sprayed myself as well. When the compost was good 'n' wet I turned off the hose and went over to the sheep pen. I immediately saw the ewe, I grabbed my lariat and some hay and walked over to the group. I threw out the hay and waited for them to get used to me, when they were eating happily I threw my lariat around the ewe's neck. When I had her lassoed I ran over, tied three of her legs together, and waited for Gerald. When Gerald got there we looked at the growth and felt it.

G: it's just an abscess from an infection.

M: So we just have to drain it and rinse it with hydrogen peroxide right?

G:Exactly, when did you become a vet.

He smiled at me knowing I was planning to go to vet school and I was so interested in veterinary medicine that I practiced and studied it all the time.

M: I watch a lot of vet shows and its just something I've known.

G: That's great!

We finished with the abscess and after getting paid I said goodbye to Gerald, drove home, and started my homework.

Hey guys. Here's an update. Hope y'all love it. Comment and vote please! Thanks