Chapter 4

After finishing my homework I ran out and saddled up Remi. I decided to head out to my personal arena and practice barrels for a bit. I warmed Remi up with some figure eights around barrels one and two. I asked him for a leg yield and did some circles switching leads and going the opposite direction. After he was physically warmed up I mentally prepared him by bending and stretching his neck and back I asked him to side step both directions. Next I did some roll backs and some spins and galloped the arena both directions switching leads.
After his warm up I slowly cantered the barrel pattern. He behaved perfectly so I asked him to go faster the next run. We made an 18.114 second run that was pretty good for 70%. I walked him out a bit then went over to the poles. We did the poles both style one and two both two times through and all with great times.
I walk him a bit more then turned the timers back on for barrels. I lined Remi up and pressed play to my recorder.

Announcers voice: And finally we have Cassidy riding Remington's Fire.

Me: Ok boy letta rip!
I open up the reins and let him run. We make it to the first in 4.103 seconds according to my wrist stopwatch. From the first to the second in 4.745The second to third in 4.141 and the third to home in 4.111. And a whole run of 17.100, perfect!
Me: Good boy!!
I hear clapping in the distance and look toward the source.

Me: omg hey Mitchell!
Mitchell: hey that looked great!!

Mitchell is one of my best friends. He has been there for me through everything. It was still surprising for him to show up but it was nice company.

After cooling Remi off I untacked him and let him loose in the pen next to the arena and went to talk to Mitchell.
M:Mitchell;C:Me
M: how are you? its been a while.
C: I've been great. I'm on my way to state in a few weeks!!
M: that's awesome. I'm sorry I missed your rodeo that one was really important.
C: it's fine don't worry about it. You'll be there for state, right?
M: well that's the problem. I have to go see my great uncle. He's got cancer and my dad wants to go see him.
C: omg. I'm sorry that's way more important than a stupid old rodeo.
M: well for one I've never met the guy and two it's not a stupid ole rodeo.
C: but he's dying shouldn't you take this time to at least meet him?
M: I guess your right I should at least meet the guy.
M: so what else is new?
C: nothin really. How Jazzi?
M: oh she's great! I love her! I think she misses Remi through.
C: you'll have to bring er down here to the arena then so they can hang out.
M: yeah. Well I was just driving by and thought I would stop and say hi. I'll see ya round.
C: ok Mitchell talk to you later.

After waving goodbye I tack Remi up and ride home. Once I'm home I start getting ready for school in the morning by taking a shower, brushing my teeth and putting in my retainer m, and going to bed.

Howdy! Here's to another update!🍻Don't forget to comment. Thanks.