Chapter 5

The next day was Tuesday so I woke up at my usual time, 5:30 a.m., and got ready for the school day ahead. I did the hygiene, make up, ate breakfast, and fed the animals.
I got to school at little later that day and headed straight to class.

When lunch came around I hung out with all my new friends. Looks there's some new people. I thought to myself. Jak, Cole, Daniel, and some new guys were talking about roping and rodeo while Maddi, Mimi, and Maryanne we're  talking about the current rodeo queen competition that I was definitely not signing up for. I decided to join the guys. Jak said hi and gave me a hug before we both say down.
J: Jak; C: Cole; D: Daniel; L: Lukas; M: Me
C&D: Hey! THis here's Lukas by the way.
M: ok. Nice to meet you Lukas!
L: nice to meet you too!
J: so Cole how's the team ropin horse comin along?
C: he's doin alright, but I'm havin a little trouble with him linin up right.
D: ooh that's difficult to fix.
J: yes it is but I believe you have em goin good by the end of the week.
M: ropin sounds so fun! I want to take it up but I ain't got no one to teach me how.
J: well I could teach you!
M: I was hoping you'd say that.
J: ok well we can start today. After school bout 4?
C: sounds great!
D: I think you'll have fun ropin.
C: yeah you should pick it up fast.
M: awe thanks guys.
¡Ding!
Jak and I headed to math.
In math we had a test, it was pretty easy, and when it was over we had the rest of the period to do whatever so Jak and I talked about roping.
J: so what do you know?
M: bout what?
J: roping silly
M: oh. My old trainer said I had a really good swing. But I only got to healing on the ground.
J: that's a good start.
M: yeah but I wanna go farther.
J: yeah of course. I'll get you there.
M:yay!!
¡Ding!
We gathered our stuff and headed out the door. We walked to vet science talkin bout ropin the whole way.
Cole, Maddi, Jak, and I were sitting in our group talkin bout the weeks future events.
C:So Cass, Jak what you doin this weekend?
(September 17&18)
Me: I goin to the NBRC(National Bull Riding Championships) here in Chico. Also I'm gonna ride a steer in it!!
J: hey I'm goin to the rodeo to. I'll cheer you on!
M=Maddi: I really wish I could come. My mom has something we're doin this weekend I don't even know what it is.
C: that sucks. I'm sorry. I can go either. I've got to do yard work round the farm.
Mrs. Trinity: do y'all have somethin ya wanna share with the rest of the class?
Me: well since you asked I was just sayin I'm ridin a steer in the rodeo this weekend!
J: and I'll be there to cheer er on.
C&M: and we wish we could be there but we can't make it.
Mrs. T just laughed. She loved us, even when we weren't listening we still understood and she had no idea how, but then again neither did we.
The bell rang and we all headed for the door.
Jak and I hugged. And I noticed that Cole hugged Maddi. Then Cole and Jak headed off in one direction while Maddi and I headed in the other direction.
C-me M- Maddi
C: soooooo what was that?
M: what was what?
C: Cole hugged you!!
M:oh yeah he kinda likes me and I kinda like him!
C: eeeeeeek! That's so cute!
She blushed and smiled at the ground.
M: so what about you and Jak?
C: I don't know I like him. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for a relationship.
M: trust me you are.
C: I don't know.
M: he's totally into you
C: yeah. And I like him I just don't know if I want a relationship.
M:I think your over thinking this.
C:yeah. I'll be at his place today I'll talk to him.
M: good
We arrived at my 2002 Toyota Tundra and I dropped her off at her house.
C: bye Maddi see you tomorrow!
M: make sure you tell me bout the conversation.
C: for sure.
M: bye
She waved and I drove off for Jak's place.